TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Introductions

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 04-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
Infidel

New member in San Antonio (Stone Oak)

I rode the TAR ride last weekend and had a blast, made some new friends and learned alot about dual sporting. I have a DR650 and lean towards offroad trail riding but do enjoy the higher speed running of backroads. I have many years of riding and MX racing experience but its been awhile since ive spent serious time in the saddle. Last Saturday revived some of those old skills. Im looking to do a variety of rides. I would like to do some serious off road stuff, hill climbing, trail riding single track. I also would like to do some dual sporting combined with camping, some in campgrounds and some primitive.
I also have a Yamaha Roadstar Silverado that I love to cruise on and will be doing as many rally's as I can. Also want to travel and camp with that bike too.
Im teaching my girlfriend to ride. Bought her a Honda XL200 to learn on and she is doing great. She has only a few days of riding experience but was able to ride about 50 miles of backroads with me this last weekend.
We both want to meet people to ride with, especially around SA. We ride out to Texas Pride BBQ on thursdays for bike night and ride with the HCMR (HIll country motorcycle riders) out of SA.
WE met alot of great people at the TAR event but I got to ride with 4 other guys and 3 of them live very close to my home. I got contact info for one and the others I never got it so im trying to track those dudes down to reconnect. We had a blast and We cant wait for the next ride.
Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
TWTourist

Re: New member in San Antonio (Stone Oak)

Good to see another person from SA on the forum.

'12 Wee-Strom Adventure
'12 R1200RT (Gone)
'13 FJR
TWTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
budzrex

Meet us some weekend at Hidden Falls and we can show you some technical trails
1992 RM250
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
2005 Dodge Ram

The best times in life are often behind bars
just pick horizontal ones
budzrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
Gravel Guy

Howdy! I remember when Stone Oak/Stone Mountain area was 40 houses...
Pie this Saturday?
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71480

Are you doing what you are doing in the name of love?

Mark
guido calculo
NEast of Weird, Texas
Gravel Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
Infidel

I have discovered many hidden trails through the flood control areas of Stone Oak. Lots of hills, valleys, creeks, etc... Some of it is easily class 3 maybe 4, trials bike stuff. Im going to recon a route today and invite some of my new friends on a tour of my secret world...Im just tired of riding it alone.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by budzrex View Post
Meet us some weekend at Hidden Falls and we can show you some technical trails
I cant wait to get out to Hidden Falls...probably in early May...
Old 05-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #7
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Welcome to the site!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
photoryder

to the site. I also in San Antonio, Stone Oak and 281 area. Be great to meet you sometime.

IBA# 49494
Current bikes:
2013 FJR (The rally/LD bike)
2009 Kawasaki Versys (The hooligan)
Past bikes:
05 V-Strom DL1000
09 Suzuki Boulevard C50
95 Kawasaki Concours

WILCO. TANGO. FOXTROT
photoryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #9
Infidel

I look forward to meeting all the San Antonio area riders...I ride dual sport, trails and cruise...