• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Got me a 98 VFR and I love her.

Reaction score
Just thought id make it clear that i love my bike. I love the way it sounds. I love the way it rides. This is not my first bike, but this bike fits like a glove. Comfortable and quick. I am proud to be a Two Wheeled Texan. :rider:

Diggin the yellow.Mine is red. i am thinking about getting the wheels dipped gold or white though i think that will look pretty good. going to get it gone through first though spark plugs and valve adj. its got 40k on it and unclear about maint history. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the site! :wave:

I had a 98 and an 01 VFR 800. I put 60K miles on the 98 and 47K miles on the 01. Both fantastic bikes!

Once you get the valves/plugs done, the rest is pretty easy. Might want to bleed the brakes and clutch, which is MUCH easier with either a mighty-vac or Speed Bleeder bleeding valves. I'd also look at replacing the fork oil. Check the chain. Tap it on the side and if it rattles, then the o-rings are probably toast. If it is on the original chain, I'd be surprised. I usually only got about 17-18K out of a chain. With REAL meticulous care, it might be possible to get about 40K (or with a ScottOiler setup). You might also want to check/replace the air filter and brake pads. Change the oil of course. After that, assuming the tires are good, RIDE!

Here is a shot of my 98 as it looked when we sold it.

98bluesilver2.jpg

I just stripped the black paint off the rims and polished them. The blue body work is OEM Honda from a Canadian dealer (back when the dollar was actually worth something and the exchange rate was really favorable). I DO miss that sound...

I vote for white wheels. That'll look awesome with the red paint. Of course, I'm not the one who's gonna have to keep them clean, so I can vote that way. if it were my bike I'd be going with black wheels.

Back