• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Noob from Cedar Park

TxTimMo

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Hello from Cedar Park. I'm new to the forum- this is my first post. Haven't been lurking, may or may not stick around, but I figured why not try and find some useful info and hopefully some good company to go riding with.

It's been about 10 years since my last ADV bike (a GS) but the Africa Twin peaked my interest and now there's one in the garage!

If the link works, here's what the bike and I look like. We typically ride on weekend mornings, out towards Marble Falls or that general direction. I've been looking for dirt or gravel roads with little success so far. That will be one of my first searches on the site (gravel or dirt roads near Austin).

y3mzcWhs4pmeDEfLt2xD8Ucs8hn9vhQeg4o8ovYCdK1xc2LXaBmQIqFli5voQeQydo4PTw-m1Q1gGN1zQ-eIZOrrotVvu_3qQtVTFGoSUcX3E9-8ttZD5kUIrWP1T94LbtvAR8OdTO4qu57oyWVt0YuFWhHxayS-GcNThgVvtXlTaA

Welcome to the site. I'm just west of Round Rock, in Brushy Creek. Yes, there are dirt roads west of us, but you really need to make it past Marble Falls. Click Rd, CR310, and CR 315 are good, but there is one really slick water crossing you may want to skip on a big bike. And one with a soft bottom that can be interesting if the water is up. If I'm on my GSA then I like to wait until the slick crossing is dry. Which means the other crossing is low enough to be easy. I'm betting it is wet right now.

There are some others without water crossings, but I can't remember the names/numbers right now.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Congrats on the new bike!

Welcome to the site. I'm just west of Round Rock, in Brushy Creek. Yes, there are dirt roads west of us, but you really need to make it past Marble Falls. Click Rd, CR310, and CR 315 are good, but there is one really slick water crossing you may want to skip on a big bike. And one with a soft bottom that can be interesting if the water is up. If I'm on my GSA then I like to wait until the slick crossing is dry. Which means the other crossing is low enough to be easy. I'm betting it is wet right now.

There are some others without water crossings, but I can't remember the names/numbers right now.

Thanks for the tips! I may head out in that direction this weekend, actually. We're practically neighbors- I'm in the Ranch @ Brushy Creek subd.

Thanks again!

Howdy, you'd like the hill country route that they do. Like WB stated, the only downside is the slick crossing but that's part of the fun. I went down once on the DR, basically a drop dont a fall.

Welcome, very nice bike there. I'm still window shopping for me own bike. Leaning to the Adv style bikes so far. Man, you have some nice roads up there to run that bike through. Uh, anything fun under that car cover back there behind you? :doh:

And you should come check back in here now and then, it's true, some very nice and helpful folks hang here. You can prolly put together one heck of a fun 'pie run' group on your area roads. Have fun.

My niece and her husband have lived in Cedar Park for some years now. But they're into boats....tell her Hi from her Uncle E. :rofl:

Back