• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member from Celina with new Wee2

I bought the bike from a fellow in Prosper, who bought it and found he couldn't get his legs up and over and then back down off the seat without a lot of effort, so he decided to sell it. Haven't ridden it much yet, still ogling, cleaning, and deciding on what bags I'm going to put on.

The seller threw in a set of T-Bags and I'm trying to figure out how to mount them without the benefit of a sissy bar. Has anybody else have them? Are they only useful if you can strap them to a top case?

VStroms are tall, no doubt. I got tired of living with it, and recently had a friend help me (actually, he did 97% of the work) lower mine 3/4". It's now much more comfortable for my 31" inseam, and I'm less prone to being blown over at stoplights on blustery days.

As for the T bags, I'd suggest jump over to the VStrom Owners forum, post pictures, and see what people can come up with.

Oh that is a nice bike! Be safe and learn its characteristics. Rented one last summer in Durango, CO and enjoyed it very much. Engine punches above its weight, watch the high center of gravity though. Enjoy!

Good to know. Thanx! I lived in Durango before moving back to North Texas to be close to grandkids. Love it up there. A nice place to ride...and ride...and..

Yup, buying used, true dat, minimizes the color choices. Krylon huh?

I have found a '12 Versys 650 for sale, like new cond. Now, it's black and yellow. Looks like Charlie Brown's sweater. Or a bumble bee. :rofl:

Yeh, used, definitely limits color choices. I mostly see black or red bikes within my budget. Not my fave color choices but again; used.

Hey, for the right price, I'd ride on the back of a bumble bee. Aftermarket stinger shaped rear fender optional. Bzzzzzz...:rider:

A cheap/easy way to find/change your color is Dupicolor "rattle can" spray wrap. They've expanded their color options to even include metallic and gloss clear coats. Try one, if you don't like the color, peel it off and pick another. It also provides scratch protection.

Oh well, looks like the '12 V bumble bee buzzed off. Not in the classifieds today. I was just about to make contact to go see it.

It either sold, or seller got tired of posting it and just stopped for now. And my search continues.
Hope it's not gona be too much for me as a re-rider bike after being off over 10+yrs but I have a line on a '06 Honda 919 I'm supposed to go see this week. I like that bikes looks; nekkid. Might happen, finally.

I have exactly the same bike after a black one.Great choice!:rider:

Back