• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gone but not forgotten.

F-Ride

Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Life in Grand Junction is, well - - - Grand. Still exploring, and there is soo much to uncover.

c7f39c24d575ba9f3eae4420b67828e5.jpg

Atop the Grand Mesa, World’s largest Mesa.

26ee92e852adc0e7cea45bdbcdbacaa0.jpg

Meredith, CO store. Only took me 3 1/2 hrs this year to get there vs 2 days last year from SA.

Last edited:
My wife and I just checked in to our hotel in ouray for several days of riding. Going to do the Uncompahgre Mesa two up on the twin tomorrow coming back thru the canyon that looks like a miniature Grand Canyon. So much amazing country up here to explore. It will be new doing things two up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife and I just checked in to our hotel in ouray for several days of riding. Going to do the Uncompahgre Mesa two up on the twin tomorrow coming back thru the canyon that looks like a miniature Grand Canyon. So much amazing country up here to explore. It will be new doing things two up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We won’t be far apart then. Here is my planned 1/2 day ride for tomorrow.
5cd41ead2ee58b2d017a0973f5ff1d7d.jpg

We are already back in Austin, one of our dogs got hurt soon as we got to Ouray so we had to load up and drove straight through back to Austin Sunday morning and our dog is now in surgery for two torn ACL's. So a lot of driving there and back and no riding :( Plus the trees are turning colors right now. At least our dog should make a full recovery.

We won’t be far apart then. Here is my planned 1/2 day ride for tomorrow.
5cd41ead2ee58b2d017a0973f5ff1d7d.jpg

There is a great dirt ride along that ridge to the East of 141.

It is FS 402, also called Divide Road. It is a nice easy ride, perfect for big bikes, with lots of nice scenery along the way. Blue tracks were big bike days and red tracks were small bike days. There are also a lot of fun roads down there around Mt Wilson, West of Telluride. You can loop West of the mountain and come out on 141 at several different places. Most of it is big bike friendly.

Here are the actual GPX tracks from the image above (right click and save as),
http://www.twtex.com/linkfiles/072718-Colorado/Colo2018ActualTracks.gpx

Last edited:
Back