• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

North Dallas Rider

Reaction score
I thought I'd seen all the biker sites, and lo and behold I am told about this one and it's great!

I have my first bike ever up for sale on Craigslist (and a post here) with the intentions of upgrading to a bigger bike.

My boyfriend taught me how to ride, and I've had all kinds of advice & input from other long time riders. I had a LOT of fun learning to ride - it's something I had never thought of doing, and when I first started, didn't think I would be able to do - but here it is five years later and I'm addicted. Not only am I addicted, I have two sisters who have also taken up ridding, following in my footsteps. Who could blame them, Texas has great riding weather almost year 'round.

I also drive a 1999 10AE Miata - I've ridden shotgun with some very good drivers who autocross and I've had my Miata out on the track at Hallet. I guess that makes me a bit of a speed freak - but I keep that part of my riding/driving on a closed track.

I'm not sure what kind of bike I'll get next. I've ridden a few different bikes when the local bike dealers have their test drive days...from Hondas to Harleys.

I saw a "bobber" over the weekend out at Renegade Bikes in Grand Prairie that was a pretty interesting bike...just not too sure that it would be comfortable, which is the reason I'm selling my thumper...so I can go on longer, more comfortable rides.

I've been to a couple wild parties, a couple local rallies and also the Black Hills Rally, better known as Sturgis.

Thanks for letting me be a part of your forum - and keep those knees in the breeze!

Peace-

Cara

http://mcadventures.multiply.com/

Last edited:
Welcome

My wife has a Miata 10AE also. The cars had a few tweaks and she took it to her first track day in November and from the look on her face there will be many more to follow.

Good luck with your bike search. Don't over look the Triumph Bonneville as it has cool retro styling but a very modern machine (nothing in common with the old Triumphs). Can be taken on long rides plus lots of aftermarket accessories.

Welcome. Check out the Dallas meet n greet when you can.

I saw a "bopper" over the weekend out at Renegade Bikes in Grand Prairie that was a pretty interesting bike...

Probably a bobber. I think "boppers" are tires, but I could be wrong. Did the bike look similar to this?

TriumphBobber2.jpg

Welcome to TWT, by the way. You'll find it to be quite a cast of characters. :thumb:

Last edited:
Probably a bobber. I think "boppers" are tires, but I could be wrong. Did the bike look similar to this?

TriumphBobber2.jpg

Welcome to TWT, by the way. You'll find it to be quite a cast of characters. :thumb:

That's it! At least VERY similar. I guess I misunderstood my friend when he pointed it out to me! We were trying to figure out who made it...it was a nice red with whitewall tires...very retro styling...here's the link to the bike:

http://www.ihot.us/catalog/StoreProductDetail.cfm?PID=374

Thanks for the greetings! I saw there was a Thursday night meet & greet in Plano - looks like it is very near the same location that they hold practice rides on Wednesday night headed up by some riders from the Panther Creek HOG. They do a dinner ride nearly every Friday night leaving out of Allen HD.

Welcome to the board from a fellow board newbie also from 75002. :cool2:

Back