• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi from scotland

ned

Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Kelly
Hi Everyone

Found TWT through Google when looking for advise on fitting Handguards to my Bandit. Heated grips are ok but don't keep your fingers warm:-(

Been riding since 87 and had a few bikes in that time, started off on a Yamaha DT125MX, I currently ride a Bandit6 K4 and have an old Kawasaki GTR1000 (Concours) in need of some serious TLC.

I'm the Chief Instructor at Scotriders Motorcycle Rider Training School in Dundee which I run with my wife.

I'm also an Admin on the Dundee Bikers Forum.

Had a quick look around here but will give it a good look over when i've got a bit of spare time, probably over the next couple of weeks as I'm off into hospital for an op on my eye later today.

Doubt if I'll see many of you out on the road but look forward to finding out about the Texan view on motorcycling.

Welcome Ned. When I read your post I tried to "figure in" your accent, but it just didn't work. Even though there was a Scotish bloke with us on our last get-together in Terlingua, Texas, the accent was fairly close.
Good luck with your procedure and heal quickly. Ride like the wind.

Ah, another one who found us because of the Bandit subforum. How many is that now? :lol2:

All I know about Scotland is that Ewan tells us everyplace else looks like it.

:wave:

:welcome: ned

A Scottsman named Ian visited our Fort Worth group last night - he is here for 10 days on business and had previous contact with Rich (Simmons1) of our group. Ian rides a Triumph Bonneville back home.

And one of our Houston members, Graeme (Calgary_Yogi), is Scot. He hosted a short tour back to the homeland last year - see this story here.

We blamed Ian for our current cold weather - he just said that it was colder back home!

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Good luck with the eye procedure, heal quick! Then come back here and share some pics of your favorite rides :trust: We love seeing what the riding is like elsewhere! :rider:

:welcome: & I hope your eye procedure turns our well.
Won't speak for all Texans on our point of view about riding, but I'll tell you MY point of view: as long as my two wheels are turning....color me HAPPY!
:rider:

Welcome ned.

I guess I missed you in 05. My wife and I did a 5 day tour with www.highlandrider.com. He's based out of Linthigow. We went up on the east, across the top (John O'Groats) and back down the west side of your beautful country. We'd love to go back sometime.

I believe we may have even had a few wee drams in the evenings. Remember, the liver is evil and must be punished! :-)

Welcome Ned. I work for NCR which has facility in Dundee. Given what my colleagues in Dundee have told me, I suspect that you might enjoy the weather here in Texas quite a bit.

Happy Riding . . . .

Hi Everyone

Found TWT through Google when looking for advise on fitting Handguards to my Bandit. Heated grips are ok but don't keep your fingers warm:-(

Been riding since 87 and had a few bikes in that time, started off on a Yamaha DT125MX, I currently ride a Bandit6 K4 and have an old Kawasaki GTR1000 (Concours) in need of some serious TLC.

I'm the Chief Instructor at Scotriders Motorcycle Rider Training School in Dundee which I run with my wife.

I'm also an Admin on the Dundee Bikers Forum.

Had a quick look around here but will give it a good look over when i've got a bit of spare time, probably over the next couple of weeks as I'm off into hospital for an op on my eye later today.

Doubt if I'll see many of you out on the road but look forward to finding out about the Texan view on motorcycling.

Welcome to TWT Ned!
I was one of the lucky ones that got to ride in your land last year. BEST....RIDING...ROADS....EVER..... (as long as gale-force winds aren't blowing...).

Back