• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi from Austin

Reaction score
Hi my name is Bob and I live here in Austin. I just started riding in August after taking the Total Motorcycle MSF course. I bought a '06 Ninja 250 to become familiar with basic ridiing, and my goal is to eventually get a dual sport and participate in group riding activities in the Hill Country. I heard about this site from a salesperson at the BMW/Triumph dealership, so here I am :)

Thanks for letting me join the forums and I hope to meet some of you soon. Also if anyone has suggestions on how to get involved and learn more about dual sport/dual purpose riding here in the Austin area, please let me know. Thanks.

-Bob

edit: that's an '06 Ninja, not '96 :)

Welcome to the site. The ninja 250 is a good bike for learning on. Keep watching the dual sport section and the off road section for upcoming rides and other info. Learning offroad next before you tackle a dual sport is a good step too. I think it is easier to just learn to ride a lighter bike in the dirt before you tackle a heavier dual sport on a dirt road.

:wave:

Jon at Total Rider is great, that's the route I went before I got my first bike.

Enjoy the addiction...

Hey Bob, welcome to TWT. There are several riders on TWT doing dual and offroad. There is a roadie bike night at Ming's Cafe on the drag that meets every Wed night from 7-10p. Stop by and introduce yourself if that location/time fits your schedule.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

There are LOTS of DS riders here that are in the Austin area. Just pop on into the DS section of the site and you will find plenty of whacked... er... like minded people :trust:

Back