• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is your favorite motorcycle stand?

Reaction score
Yeah I know it's not a real complex piece of equipment but I've never had a need for one.:mrgreen: I have a lift and a jack I just need to know are there better ones, are they all same?:shrug: Edumacate me. My brother has a pit bull stand that he uses on a GSXR and likes it. Are there better ones?? And when looking at the front stands is it better to go with one that supports the bike at the stearing head?

Pit Bull, front and rear. Having said that, I haven't owned a bike in years that is compatible. I really ought to sell them. The center stand does it all on my current bikes.

The 1 piece stands are way better than the ones you have to assemble. The ones you assemble have way too much flex to them and feel very unstable getting the bike up and down.

I made a rear stand that I could operate from in front of the rear wheel instead of behind it. It just made me feel like I was in much better control of the bike instead of the traditional rear stand approach.

I know this isn't much help to you, but I don't know if someone out there actually makes a product like that.

T-Rex...Texas made (Dallas). http://www.t-rex-racing.com/

You can pay more for Pit Bull, but why? They all do the same thing. And if you want to be able to pull the fork tubes, the steering stem front model is necessary.

I'm with BJ, if I didn't already have 3 Pit Bull stands I'd buy the T Rex stands. i really like the removable handle option they offer. I'm always cussing my Pit bul stand because the handle is right in the way when changing tires.

that T-rex stand looks just like the Chinese stand I got from cycle gear.

I really like you're back wards idea Bill. do you have any pics of it?

No pics of it, but I could take some this weekend. I'll warn you, it's crude, but it was built for doing quick maintenance stuff like chains and rear wheel swaps. So it doesn't have wheels, or any of the other frills of the nice ones. But it was quick to build and free, so I guess that's a good thing....LOL

I like PitBull brand the best of a buy it and use it.. The T-rex are ok.. The multa piece types are ok after I weld the joints.
But honestly.. I don't buy stands any more I just make um............................................Nope not cost effective unless you have everything already (I buy rollerblade or Razor wheels when I find them on clearance at wally world or where ever.. just bought 6 pairs for .50 a set last week ) and the tools to do it easily and quickly (after time is money) so not an option for all.. but nice if you have it... or a great first project if you want to learn to work with metal.

That reverse handle pit bull looks nice

Last edited:
I love my pit bull, I've even used it to lift ATVs in the air for maintenance, as long as its shaft drive you can put it on the axle and still have wheel movement. My current ride has a center stand, so it doen't get too much use
for my dirt bike I use a 5 gallon bucket with a wood top and reinforced inside with some 2x4s

if you want to add wheels to it , I have a easy way that is cheap and works really slick.

Yep it looks just like that minus the wheels. Mine has none to speak of. As for cost, it was free. I already have a welder, and work was throwing away tons of schedule 40 steel pipe, so I have enough on hand to make 15 or 20 of them. So for me, free vs. $139 plus shipping is a no brainer. LOL

I've used Pit Bull and LP stands and never had an issue with either. I preferred the ones that fit the spool sliders vs lifting the swingarm. Seemed to be a bit more stable and wouldn't roll forward on you.

As far as the front stand, I would recommend the one that lifts from the triple tree. You have more room to work on your front tire and don't risk knocking it off the stand if you have the front tire pulled. I preferred the LP over the PB because of the way it went together, it was one piece and not an add on to a front fork lift. But that could have just been the model I had.

I've had the Gix on both stands and was able to climb on and it was stable.

Maverick

Back