• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1989 Hawk 650 opinion?

lol...yeah. It's more bike than I need for sure. But it passes the "look back" test in spades.

Plus it has far more high quality components such as suspension than the Hawk. Wise choice and beautiful bike. :rider:

Plus it has far more high quality components such as suspension than the Hawk. Wise choice and beautiful bike. :rider:

Somebody in the history of the bike replaced the stock suspension with ohlins rear and ohlins internals front, and it happened to be set up for a dude with my weight...

I would have been perfectly happy with an SV or a nice hawk, but holy crap am I happy with this..

I am way too rusty though for this much bike...i need some practice...

Holy bang for the buck! Even with stock suspension you would have won out but that's a prize for sure. Way better than the hawk you were looking at. I can almost see your smile from here.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner but 1700 for a Hawk that has tank issues and needs that level of work is definitely too much to pay. Sounds like you found something as an alternative. I hope it treats you right. If that Hawk is still out there point them my way and let them know if they can make it idle and the tank doesn't have any visible leaks to not do any work on it and I'll give them a fair price as it sits but its not going to be 1700 bucks. As someone who owns a garage full of Hawks, I can always use one more... ;-)

Sorry I didn't see this sooner but 1700 for a Hawk that has tank issues and needs that level of work is definitely too much to pay. Sounds like you found something as an alternative. I hope it treats you right. If that Hawk is still out there point them my way and let them know if they can make it idle and the tank doesn't have any visible leaks to not do any work on it and I'll give them a fair price as it sits but its not going to be 1700 bucks. As someone who owns a garage full of Hawks, I can always use one more... ;-)
It's at EBR performance in League City. It's listed on Houston Craigslist without pictures. He said it starts and idles but the mains are clogged.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Let me know if you get it, I want to feel the elation of dodging a bullet or the profound disappointment of not picking up a cool scoot for like $700 that just needed a can of sea foam and a scrubbing...and had pirate gold in the tool roll.

Sea foam isn't a solution for bad gas or dirty carbs but it isn't hard to clean the Hawk carbs. More than likely though they didn't put the air box back on it and it needs to be jetted.

And I messaged them butbhave not heard back so we'll see.

Will you please go away, i've sworn off street bikes but this thread and your yammering is giving me some dangerous thoughts. Begone, git!

Any particular direction those thoughts are headed so I can help, um, I mean, avoid that direction. :rofl:

Back