• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MX DN

Depends on a work project, if I have the time I am riding the FJR if time is tight burning up southwest airlines miles and renting a cheap car

Where did you pick for room? I'm debating South Bend or Benton Harbor from the room blocks or maybe over in Sawyer, which is closer but a lot less going on in the evening.

Elkhart IN about 45 minutes away if I recall. Most of the local hotels were already booked.

A couple of years ago I did Amtrak from San Antonio to Chicago to Elkhart to pick up a BMW K1200RS. Train ride was about 24 hours. Cost was about $139. The people watching on the train was worth the price.:rofl:

Then I rode it up to Unadilla for the outdoor national and a 3 day rainfest back to San Antonio. 2800 mile road trip. Yeehaa!

Elkhart is not far from Red Bud and most of the hotels in South Bend are already full so it's a pretty good alternative.

I wish I could go. MXDN would be a blast.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that still calls it Motocross des Nations...:lol2:

Back