• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 pie run schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Nov 17th. It's only a 12 hour ride. Leave Friday morning. Spend the night in a hotel in Junction, ride home afterwards.

Count me in for these 2. If anyone near Lancaster wants to meet to ride up for either of them, we can start another thread for that purpose.

September 29=======Ranchman cafe, Ponder

October 27=========Tiffany's, Alba

11 is the standard starting time. Hopefully we will be on the way out when the local lunch rush hits and we get first choice on the pie!:lol2:

I wanted to make sure you'll be there. Your journey with refurbishing the somewhat elderly V-4 Honda makes it a star attraction.

Thanks, Robert.

The old beast ain't refurbished but it runs like a train!

It's a big win in my book and I look forward to seeing it.

Need to replace the steering head bearings. Been slowly addressing suspension problems since I bought it. Front wheel vibrating at speed is a nagging problem. Hope to have the hardware installed in time for this run.

Took the front end apart yesterday, made it ready for the new bearings - should be here Thursday. The stock ball bearings were virtually bare of grease. Tapered bearings will be well packed.

Just talked with a colleague at work - he and another guy and I rode to Mena, AR last Friday (we work 4 day weeks) for lunch at Skyline Cafe. He is up for the Sep run to Ponder. Put me and Guillermo down.

Jay Cafe in Needville, TX on August 25...it is superb...BUT, their gravel parking lot is pretty dicey. Be careful for deep bowls of gravel, sort of like greased ball bearings. I would attend, but not a fan. Only two times I have dumped a bike is in gravel parking lots. Frustrating, as I am close. Might just drive my Miata and not the Guzzi or MV Agusta. Seriously, it is treacherous...especially for two up heavy bikes.

It is down the road from me, I will take a check on the parking situation. The last time I was there it seemed pretty compacted with a few ruts and potholes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It is down the road from me, I will take a check on the parking situation. The last time I was there it seemed pretty compacted with a few ruts and potholes.

It's not that bad...unless you are Gravelbunny:eek2:

The KLR handles it pretty well, didn't even have much trouble during the hurricane either.

I fully claim gravel bunny status. See my picture icon.

Can someone let me know how many people we are expecting to show up so I can give these poor folks a heads up.

Can someone let me know how many people we are expecting to show up so I can give these poor folks a heads up.

umm three people? thats about all that have signed up so far in the actual thread for the pie run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back