• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

'08 Gas Gas 280

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Crabtree
This has been a great bike for me since the summer of '15. Had several good rides on it and meet some great people. But it too has spent far to many hours in the garage last year, so it needs someone who is interested in improving the balance and overall bike skills.
I purchased it when it was posted up on here for another rider that was interested in a trials bike, but the bike was a bit out of his price range. I bought it and have had no problems at all. The only things I've done is add a Jitsie magnetic kill switch, brake pads due to too much pressure and no lock up and replace both tires which I think were original.

TWTTrials2.jpg

$3000 will take it home. No extras with this one. I do have a Jitsie trials open face Medium helmet and size 45/11 Sidi Trials boots that will need a good home once the bike is gone, or they may go with the bike???.

Sam

Last edited:
I’ve always thought a teials bike looked like a ton of fun. Unfortunately my gangly, awkward self probably couldn’t do much with one.

It is a ton of fun, I just didn't think I would find myself to busy to at least take it out back. Have a nice section built in a dry creek, 30" + logs tight off camber turns but I just never get it out. :argh: There is just something not right about that! I did do the Harvest Festival Trials event a couple of years ago, great fun, just things have got in the way the last 2 years. Did another event out off 1431 with the Austin Trials club, then went to Emma Long on a week night to just play ride with them. :clap: It really should have been the perfect bike for me to play on 4 maybe 5 nights a week for 30 minutes or so and help keep my off road balance skills while building more but...

I have no excuse...:scratch: It really needs someone to show it some love. :flip:

Sam

I let my 250 smoker go for the same reasons. No time and the falls just kept piling up.

Still no offers. Lets say 10% discount...$2700.

How low will it go????

Sam

Sam takes great care of his bikes and this one is no different. If you are looking for a trials bike or looking to try your hand at it, this is a great deal!

Oh man, very tempting. If you could get it to Huntsville or Conroe area I'd probably jump on it. I miss my old gas gas 320

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh man, very tempting. If you could get it to Huntsville or Conroe area I'd probably jump on it. I miss my old gas gas 320

I run hotshot for a couple of local guys if you want me to get it. Reasonable.

If your serious I can bring it to Baton Rouge when I come in a couple of weeks as long as you and Sam get it all worked out in advance

Thanks y'all. I'll have to do some serious thinking, as well as talk to Sam.

Yeah, so far Matt is the only one asking for pics. Going to send them to him after I finish lunch.

Sam

Sure wish someone from Austin would pick this up, I need someone to play with

Enjoy yourself. We think you are going to have a great time on it. :clap:

So now who needs an open face Medium Motts Helmet? And a pair of size 44 Eur Sidi (US size 10??) Trials boots?

John I should have had you at least try the helmet on...Sorry, if we can figure out a way of getting it to Georgetown area you are more than welcome to try it. What size boots do you wear?

Sam

Back