• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any appliance repair people on here?

Reaction score
Bought a dishwasher brand new a year or two ago. Used maybe 20 times with NO food ever in it.

I hand washed for a long time and went to turn it on amd nothing.

Replaced the circuit board and now itll fill but thats it. The circulation pump never turns on. I hot wired the circ pump and drain pump and both power on.

The door sensor works, so does the water overflow sensor.

I can get into the diagnostic mode but same thing. I can get it to fill up, turn on vent fan, pop open soap holder, but no drain pump or circulation pump.

All wires look good. I dont have a rodent problem.

GE

Model: GDT580SGF6BB

Im guessing some how the circulation pump and drain pump arent getting power for some reason as to why they power up directly wiring to 120v outlet.

:eek2:I am not the "Maytag" man. But, in my years as a maintenance guy for SHSU, it sounds like the pump/motor is locked up. If it is like the ones we had, pull the lower covers and spin the fan on the motor with 2 screwdrivers, spin with one, hold it and then spin again with the second screwdriver. That usually gets it going again. Hope that helps. rh
Do that with the unit off!

Last edited:
Maybe the high water float is keeping pump from running. I would turn water off and wet-vac water out of DW then add a little by hand till I see it in bottom then run it through cycle and see if pump comes on also make sure drain hose is clear they are bad about stopping up at disposal . If it won't do initial pump out I would kill power to reset then power back up. Sometimes micro switch is bad or not touching float, It is under DW tub. An amp probe attached to incoming power will tell if pump is hung up.
Good Luck

I never call anybody. I use the Acme How-to & RepairClinic websites to fix my appliances. The SearsPartsDirect diagrams & Youtube videos can be helpful as well. I've done a number of fridge repairs & dishwasher repairs, a couple of washing machine & dryer repairs including replacing the washer fill valve just last week.

Last edited:
Ive already directly wired the pumps and they turned on. I'll be fully dropping the bottom tomorrow and using an endoscope.

Replaced the float sensor. Apparently it also sends a signal to allow the heater element to turn on but still no go.

Im guessing this circuit board is a no go. Ive traced every wire so no breaks or cuts there.

Got another board coming. For some reason there os no power going to the circulation pump, drain pump, or heat element. My original board doesnt even power on now.

The led light on the second board acts properly with its blinking.

https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36346&d=1515752641

Did you check the polarity of 120 v coming in? Black to hot and White to natural. On some small mini split hvac it makes a difference. Just a thought. Blinking light diagnoses has been around for a long time. It can be good or bad. Lenox first used it in air conditioner along with Trane over 20 years ago. Some circuit boards have a small hidden fuse,
Let us know when you solve it, most would just replace the unit. I'm like you I like the challenge of being the repair Poirot, even though it can be more expensive. If repair is les than 1/2 cost of replacement and unit is less than 7 years old I will shoot for a fix, but sometimes I pay too much.
Another thing is check the M/N on YouTube repairs or quirks with the unit you have,

Got another circuit board in. Its back to working condition.

So it sounds like you got a bad board that sent you on a goose chase. That is always frustrating when you put a bad part in assuming that it is good. Glad you got it fixed. I try to fix most of my stuff. The local long time appliance repair guy assures me my 20+ year old stuff is much better quality and I should try to keep them going.

I never call anybody. I use the Acme How-to & RepairClinic websites to fix my appliances. The SearsPartsDirect diagrams & Youtube videos can be helpful as well. I've done a number of fridge repairs & dishwasher repairs, a couple of washing machine & dryer repairs including replacing the washer fill valve just last week.

+1
I had a fridge stop working. Fans and lights were working, but wasn't cooling and figured out compressor wasn't kicking on. Figured out the compressor was ok, instead of the cheap OEM relay for $47, put a $10 kickstart on it. runs like a champ and should actually be easier start on the compressor motor. For a $90 service call, you can afford to be wrong every once in awhile.

Got this $3600 fridge for $900. LoL. Lets see how long it last.

Attachments

• IMG_20180804_233923.jpg
    IMG_20180804_233923.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 148
Back