• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

October in the Hill Country

I watched 'em all! I go out there a lot, and watching your videos makes me wanna go again! And 337 is my favorite...

:rider:

I'm headed there Oct.13-17th meeting up with friends.

A Blackbird owners group I hang with has a annual meet in October in the Hill Country. We do like to ride the 335,336 & 337. A new road to some of us last year was tx39. Not many curves but the up and down was fun for some of us flat landers that don't ever get to see hills (unless they are over passes).

We'll be based in Uvalde OCt 7-10 this year.

TexTrain99, your avatar looks like the Galveston trip to "The Spot" with MotoHouston.com?

jnappier--Actually I think the picture is from the Lone Star Rally in Galveston in 08. I need to see about changing up the avatar.

A new road to some of us last year was tx39. Not many curves but the up and down was fun for some of us flat landers that don't ever get to see hills (unless they are over passes).

We'll be based in Uvalde OCt 7-10 this year.
I rode 39 last May for the first time and thought it was one of the more scenic hill country roads. We took it from Hunt to Lost Maples. In some places you can see for miles so if you want to blow out the carbon.... :rider:If you go slow enough, its also a good road for wild flower viewing.

I'll be in the HC on my annual group ride, October 15-17. A road I like is 55. About halfway between Rocksprings and Barksdale is a sweet series of high speed sweepers.

All you poor people who have to make time to come to the Hill Country.
Live work and play on 337 375mi.ride today.
Stop in and say Hi if your in the area Two Fat Boys BBQ 337 Camp Wood

Maybe you could share your favorite roads/routes with us or offer a printed version as an additional bonus for riders to stop by. :rider:

Yeah Chuger....share the local favorites.

MC- thanks for the heads up on 55. I'm geting to Uvalde on Thursday so will have all day Friday to check out roads I haven't enjoyed yet. Will try to work in 55.

We always have copies of the Hill Country ride map FREE and would be glad to offer suggestions if asked.
55 is way underrated as a relaxing scenic road better North to south from Rocksprings to Camp Wood as you are heading into the canyon.

Also, Destination Cycle in Kerrville has an excellent large format ride map. Pick up a coupon at the visitors' bureau on 16 in Kerrville, and the map is free from Destination Cycle.

This weather is killing me. I am so ready to load up and head out Thursday!

Thanks for the heads up on the ride map in Kerrville.

I wish my job was in the Hill country.
We are heading to the Hill country Oct13-17. May have to stop by and eat when we are in Camp Wood.

I'll be hitting the hill country and Big Bend in the next three weeks..........in my SUV:shrug: Hey, its a long ways from Michigan to the Bend and then S.A. and then Corpus and then F.W. and then the Ozarks and then home. Wow, that's a lot of thens and miles.:yawn: Give me a break, I did the same trip in May on the Honda.

It was a great week end in the Hill Country. I'm working on getting the videos cleaned up and ready for display. I will post when I have a good one together.

Attachments

• DSC02421.jpg
    DSC02421.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 180
It WAS a great weekend in the Hill Country. We rode through or stayed at

New Braunfels
Johnson City
Fredricksburg
Comfort
Kerrville
Ingram
Leakey