• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Careful in Thailand - they're serious

Isn't Thailand where they cane you for spitting on the sidewalk and chewing gum in public is not allowed?

They need to bring that type of justice over here. Don't pass go, don't collect $200, you were stupid and drunk and killed people, goodnight!

I wonder what the penalties are in France, Germany, Italy, etc. (i.e., European countries with a real moto-culture), for motorists killing/hurting riders?

Right now, if you drive drunk and kill somebody you can be charged with intoxication manslaughter. That carries a 20 year prison term max.

My boss got a murder conviction last year on a guy who had several prevoius DWIs and went the wrong way on a freeway and struck a tahoe head on and killed a father of newborn twins and seriously injured his wife 2 weeks before Christmas.

He got 35 years on that charge.
His lawyer appealed, but I don't know how that's gonna pan out, they were yelling and screaming about that the charge didn't fit the crime and that the prosecution was "pandering to the cameras".

BS. The guy did it 3 times before, admitted that he knew he was "hammered" and drove anyway. He used a deadly weapon(a vehicle) in the course of another crime,(Felony DWI) and my boss nailed him for it.

I think there was a case in Houston a few years ago that set the precedent for going after a murder charge in an intox manslaughter case.

Back