• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

I had a cdi fail due to a crash. IIRC the lights still worked.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well that's true. That said, they're so fragile, I doubt it survived unregulated reversed current

Well that's true. That said, they're so fragile, I doubt it survived unregulated reversed current
I sure hope it didn't. New battery is already going to set me back a couple weeks

Sometimes it's the little things...
f8a120a3b2878d5e34401e805eda302f.jpg

Thank you Marko, Mitch, Kirk, Gary and Jmz(moral support) for yalls help/parts. Still need to address the rear brake. But...
[ame="https://youtu.be/_3H4J2m3F3A"]Xr650l - YouTube[/ame]
The ugly duckling XRL can move on it's own.
This bike is part of a lot of downs and ups in my life over the last 4 years. Not going to muck up the thread with that though.
fc4ffc5b6a21d74c6f47c07291dfa92f.jpg

It looks like beauty to me!

Congrats and I know the feeling after putting a Jenga puzzle together and it works.

Speedo cable end fell out, and speedo drive is cracked. Should I go ahead and get the cheap trail tech?

I suspect it's more accurate and user friendly.
The factory cluster is analog minimalist at best.

I'm leaning that way. Depends on what bigman's XRs has in stock lol. Rockymountainatvmc is investigating why FedEx never picked up my brake rebuild parts. Oil filter cover has a slight drip. Probably warped. Gotta look into that aswell. With these newly accumulated needs, I'll probably get a cheap battery.

Good Morning
Last weekend went to hidden falls off 1431 close to Marball falls...great place to ride...I live inGeorgetown... it was 40 miles each way..
I have had all types of motorcycles. Dual purpose has been my favorite..
Been riding in back of new subdivisions were there is no houses yet..
2018 and 1993 xr650L

Good Morning
Last weekend went to hidden falls off 1431 close to Marball falls...great place to ride...I live inGeorgetown... it was 40 miles each way..
I have had all types of motorcycles. Dual purpose has been my favorite..
Been riding in back of new subdivisions were there is no houses yet..
2018 and 1993 xr650L
Welcome

I have rear brakes. Got a speedo cable from jmz. Need to put the rest of her back together. Started fine after sitting for a week, but long term will need a battery

Good morning. I am riding again after over 30 years and new to the forum. I have two bikes but prefer to ride my Honda on dirt/gravel/off-road. Here is my 2009 Piggy.

I like messing around in the garage, and I have added a number of goodies including IMS tank and pegs, MRA windscreen, Tusk handguards, Oxford heated grips, Pro Taper Contour bars (CR High) and CycleRack rear rack.

Bought very clean and very low mileage. First owner added Seat Concepts seat, Sutton oil cooler, Kouba link and DG pipe.

Attachments

• D8D82D53-725B-4611-9D8D-FA5C00373451.jpg
    D8D82D53-725B-4611-9D8D-FA5C00373451.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 226
Nice looking bike. Lots here share your history, stopped riding while raising the family and now back in the game enjoying our mid life free time.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Welcome. Very nice ride. Maybe you an make it down to Wilson county after the holidays. Some good dirt roads down here and maybeeee I can keep up on the same bike.

Kirk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, good looking tractor.

It's about time for an updated photo, tired of looking at that ugly one[emoji1787]

Hello, South Tex. That sounds like a plan and will reach out after the holidays.

Hello, South Tex. That sounds like a plan and will reach out after the holidays.
Welcome. Very nice ride. Maybe you an make it down to Wilson county after the holidays. Some good dirt roads down here and maybeeee I can keep up on the same bike.

Kirk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe I'll be up and going for this.

Need to get you on the trails kirk!

Now I've got a new issue. Bike is making a terrible rattle at redline. Valves are good and tight, not sure what the issue is.

Well that’s not good. Tear her back down and find the issue before it breaks
I'm hoping it's just a loose nut on the frame. Gotta order a battery now too.

If I don't redline it, it doesn't rattle.
But that's nearly impossible the way I ride the thing

Back