• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer Request for my BEST and Dearest Friend

no, I don't mind the photo being posted Mav. But as I said on FB, it sures make it clear that despite having no appetite & having to be forced to eat, the steroids sure do mess with a gals appearance! YUCK! I actually look WAY WORSE than I felt in that photo! And this is the "mild chemo" I'm getting right now. can you imagine how scary I'll look when I get the UBER-POISON in a few weeks! :eek2: I may ask Maverick to spare the TWT forum that horror show!
Thanx again for the wonderful words of encouragement, the prayers & the occasional drop into my little paypal (its VERY much appreciated) & I'll keep the rubber side down when I'm strong enough to ride again!

I posted this on her FB page a little while ago.

Welcome to the life and times of Shooter. She may shoot me for posting this but I wanted all her friends to have a glimpse of a day in ****. She has a little squeeze buddy that she takes with her to Chemo so that she's not alone and remembers what this is all about. She can talk to him, hold him and squeeze him and not think, if only for a moment, about what is truly happening. You've got a lot of support behind you girl, holding you up and ready if you falter. Don't worry, we got your back. Hang in there, be safe, and keep the rubber on the down side.

Phone1010.jpg

Chemo continues, but now the symptoms are kicking in. Mostly mild, but that plus still dealing with losing my Mom is making me nearly catatonic. Well, at least I can be happy about the rain, right?
:shrug:

Hang in there girl, be strong and you will recover. The rain has been a welcomed change. God does answer prayers.

:tab I don't think God inflicts things on just to teach us. Bad things happen to everyone. It rains on the righteous and the unrighteous alike. But when that rain comes, I DO think that God can help us to learn from it if we are open to it. I've not dealt with anything on the level you are experiencing, but it has worked for me on lesser experiences. We, and the kids, pray for you nightly, not only for physical healing, but also for spiritual healing/growth. I include the latter because you sound very much like your trust in God has been deeply wounded, which is understandable. Reestablishing that trust will come from healing and growth. Call to Him. I know He seems distant, but He is there.

:tab Keep reaching out to your friends, here and elsewhere. They care deeply about you, even if sometimes they unintentionally say the totally wrong things. I know you take pride in being a lion, but it is okay to lean on others and be the one in need. Let your friends love you even though it may feel uncomfortable to be the one on the receiving end.

yup...I'm right. you're most definitely an angel on loan from Heaven. Dispensing wisdom, offering prayer, & giving enlightened guidance. Thank you Scott. Truly & sincerely thank you very much.

Back