• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New bike! New Project!

ke5awf

Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Beucler
I got my bike! '01 Kawasaki Ninja 500r :rider: so, now starts the modification, with my hand, until I can get strength back in it (still talking with neurologists) Im going to work to move the clutch to the right. Now suggestions/help? I saw the K-Lever, and the >~1300 price tag. Looking at it, I would think I could take the existing clutch assembly and fabricate a dual handle to hold both the clutch and brake on the ride and be done with it. Thoughts?

Pics to follow =)

Ya I would love a thumb clutch over the brakes. I wouldn't mind trying the k lever but it's expensive!!!!

I got to thinking last night, maybe I'm over thinking the entire project, I MIGHT have enough room to move the clutch in front of brake mount on right side. Need to look when I get home.

For inspiration

Doohan recovered enough to win his five consecutive world titles from 1994-98, all with a left thumb-operated rear brake on his Honda due to the lack of mobility in his damaged right foot. Doohan also became a regular visitor to the orthopedist to the MotoGP stars, Dr. Arthur Ting, for repeated surgery to continue repairs to his right leg.

ok, so ran into a problem, putting the assembly back together last night, I noticed that the throttle has a wire going out of it from the ignition to the brakes? and its just a hair too short, anyone know the wiring diagram so I can make it longer?

Back