• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My ninja Modifications for my hand

ke5awf

Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Beucler
I just wanted to show you guys the modifications I have made to my ninja, so that I can ride it :rider:

First here is the bike,

GOyKG.jpg

I had to take the clutch off the left and move it to the right.

Unfortunately the ninja has a SMALL handlebar, So I pushed the throttle assembly down, and drilled a new hole to stick it in. ( I dont want to have to take that thing apart ever again! ) The throttle tube hangs off the end by 1/4" inch. I need to go find a nice rubber endcap!

A30tT.jpg

After I did that, I figured out the brake light cable was too short, and the cable that connects to the clutch was of course WAY to short, so I got out my soldering iron, and went to work.

h2e3K.jpg

vAqsb.jpg

The clutch on the '01 ninja has 3 cables going out of it, but I could only find two of the pins that actually did something when on a volt meter, anyone want to tell me what the 3rd pin does? So for now it has just the two going over to the connection

YAYpY.jpg

This is before I put the other quick disconnect on and shrink tubed the connection.

Anyways, It is all working well now, and I have a running bike =) I still need to sync my carbs, because the idle is really rough, and I also need to take a safety course so I can get my license :/

Does anyone know of a class that would be sunday monday? or an evenings only class?

I know it's a bit late, but have you considered talking to Rekluse? I have their clutches on my 450's and love them, you don't need a clutch lever, but it's nice to have as well. Could make riding a lot easier for you if their EXP2 pack fits your Clutch basket?

Gary

I'm on the product wait list (read MAYBE 2014) according to the rep I talked with.

Back