• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Home in West Texas

Reaction score
Hello, I have been around this forum for a while and even ridden with some members, but I have just relocated to Lubbock for school at Texas Tech. Just driving around I can see tons of dirt roads and have read of a couple atv areas in the area, but I'm looking for some fellow dualsport riders in the area to both ride with and show me around a little.
Looking forward to meeting some new riders.

I lived 38 years in Lubbock. You may have to connect with a couple of private clubs that lease land down off the caprock . When I was going to Tech in 1970, I used to ride my 250 Suzuki Savage to Amarillo and north to the Canadian river. It's pretty good riding there, with hill climbs, trails, and sandbar riding.
Back in the day, we used to ride out near the Elephant digs north of the north loop. It was mainly a motocross type area. I'm not sure how much of it is available, now. Also, check out White River Lake 50 miles east. We used to illegally, I think, get down on the river bottom on the east end of the lake and have some fun. lastly, I never rode there, but I would check out Lake Alan Henry down south of Post. There may be some accessible dirt riding there.

Hello, I have been around this forum for a while and even ridden with some members, but I have just relocated to Lubbock for school at Texas Tech. Just driving around I can see tons of dirt roads and have read of a couple atv areas in the area, but I'm looking for some fellow dualsport riders in the area to both ride with and show me around a little.
Looking forward to meeting some new riders.

I graduated from Tech in the 80's and never left. What are you riding? I can show anything from mild to wild around Lubbock. I am off the bike while I recover from cervical fusion. Probably sometime this summer before I get to ride much.

I know you said dual sport, but Lubbock TrailRiders is probably the largest and most active dirt riding organization in the State (we definitely are the fastest.:lol2:). Members have access to a 13,000 acre riding area with the best single track in Texas. The annual Lonestar Enduro is coming up in March.

In the summer, when it is too hot here, we ride over in Cloudcroft, about a four hour drive. 100's and 100's of miles of two track roads and lots of atv trails that are suitable for a good dual sport ride. Unfortunately, the single track there is down to about 20 miles. 20 degrees cooler than Lubbock in the summer makes it a good weekend trip.

Last edited:
chottinger83: I also just moved to lubbock (for job,not school). Are you still around? I would love to ride with any TWT members in the area.

Back