• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New kid from Waco area

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
I’ve been lurking around the TWT site for a while so I thought I ought to introduce myself and join the fold. Hi! I actually go by Robert, but Biker Bob had a better ring to it. I’m fairly new to biking (about a year). When I hit 60, I had a mid-life crises and bought a motorcycle (Yes you can have a mid-life crises at 60 if you plan to live to 120 – and I do).
My brother Hap (Devine Rider), not to be outdone by his kid brother, bought a bike too. We live over 200 miles from each other and seldom if ever had any contact – well that has certainly changed. Biking, not only is great fun, it has reunited my brother and I. Now we are constantly in contact planning for another ride, trips to wherever and discussing the latest gadgets we want for our bikes. This is GREAT!
I ride a HD Road King and at the time felt that was the right bike for an ol’ guy and while it is very comfortable for the open road, I’m now thinking that I would like to get a dual-sport bike for some of the back roads. Besides, I'm having trouble keeping up with some of you guys and need a faster bike. I am semi-retired (nice way of saying unemployed and too old to get a real job) and feel sorry for those of you burdened with jobs, kids, etc. that keep you off your bikes. I ride a lot and love going on biking trips. I recently got into motorcycle camping and solo camped through the Ozarks, up to Illinois and back via Rt. 66. – I loved it.
Anyone out there that wants to go on a mindless trip to nowhere, give me a shout and I will join you. I’m all about mindless.

:welcome: to the site Biker Bob!

I'm just up the road from you in Glen Rose. It's a pretty ride down your way. :sun:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

That's very cool, that biking has brought you and your brother closer. I know I have made a TON of friends because of riding.

Careful with the dualsport thing... it will get under your skin and then you are hopeless... :wary:

11.JPG

My Ride

welcome! your thread title reminded me of a great Brian Burns song:

Thunderstorms & Tyler Roses MP3 Excerpt

Just a wild-eyed kid from Waco
runnin’ loose and fancy-free,
all our friends said I was crazy,
but you were crazier than me.
Sometimes we knew what we were after,
sometimes we didn’t have a clue.
Thunderstorms and Tyler roses
always make me think of you.

Frank & Lisa moved to Denver,
and I lost track of Will & Jen.
I’m still livin’ here in Ft. Worth,
I’m just the way I’ve always been.
I played a show last night in Austin
and it rained when I was through.
always make me think of you.

Sometimes I hate this gettin’ older,
it’s not as easy as before.
That world we knew in ‘87
isn’t turning anymore.

And this week’s been cold and cloudy,
and the rain is bittersweet.
Today I saw a man in Dallas
sellin’ roses on the street.
You might wonder why I bought them,
and I might tell you if I knew.
always make me think of you.​

He's also the guy who adapted 'I've been everywhere' into 'I've been everywhere in Texas'. Great stuff, especially his Heavy Weather CD

Anyhow, great lookin' ride and welcome to the nuthouse!

Hey bikerbob, welcome to the TWT site and the wonderful world of scooter trash, and of course I say that with love and admiration for all my fellow biker buds. Looking forward to meeting you on one of the many rides we have going on up here south of FTW. The story about your brother was uplifting. I have found motorcycling to be one of the few things in this world that can bring so many people, both men and women together. LET’S RIDE. Littlegeneral:rider:

:welcome: from China Spring / Crawford area!

Ride an R1200RT BMW, no dual purpose any longer in my garage, but have been thinking about a 1200GS or one of the 800GS's. Of course, would also like to toy with a Ural, but then again, lots of bikes are of interest!

Welcome aboard :wave:

Been to Valley Mills a time or two. Pretty area

nice looking HD :thumb:

Love that Road King! Welcome! Great site. BTW, you don't have a friend who is selling a FXDX do you?

Kid??? 60??? Man, I know just how you feel. I've got one year on you. Welcome aboard and say good bye to some of the things that use to occupy your time. If you head East some time, or any direction and want to "break bread", Give a hollar. Hardy frim Marquez.

Back