• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Has anyone else had transmission/clutch issues on the FJR1300ae?

This is the repair Yamaha was planning to do next. But they will no longer cover any repairs. That is there response to me filling a lemon law claim. My last resort. The last time I rode the FJR it shoot a code going down the road. The bike would not shift, and when I stopped the clutch would not engage cussing the engine to stall, and the rear tire to lock up up and slide to a stop.:giveup:

Yes, lemon law is way to go. Too bad mfg refuses to fix a problem reported in warranty but never resolved. In Ca. once a problem is reported in warranty the mfg must repair it even though beyond warranty expiration. Good luck. Too bad they don't care about having a happy return customer. One bad issue with a brand wipes out a thpousand kudos earned by same. BTDT.

The part arrived at the shop on Friday afternoon. They started on it soon after that, finishing it this morning.:clap: I picked it up this afternoon and rode it 37 miles home without incident. So far no codes have popped up. Hope and pray:pray: the problem is truly fixed as I have no choice but to ride it 109 miles roundtrip for work.

Good luck. Let's see what some time does for it. It sucks that you got the bad part right from the start, however, not all parts are equal, and maybe you got the one part off the line that was slapped together late on a Friday afternoon. I know, that shouldn't matter, but since parts are now made everywhere, and just put together in one final spot, it makes sense - to me, anyway.

Depending on the result of your "Lemon Law" claim, you may be getting another bike. If not, then momma Yamaha is still on hook for making that problem right, aftermarket warranty or not. Once it's claimed within the warranty period, it needs to be fixed, and failing again after a week (with the same codes) is not fixed.

My only concern is having a code pop up going down the road again. If that happened on the highway when traffic was stopping in a hurry it could be a bad situation.

Head for the breakdown lane, and when you get it home, have your paperwork ready to take to Mother Yamaha.

So far so good. I have put over 500 miles on the FJR in the last week with no problems. Only time will tell if it is truly fixed. I won't sell or trade it until I can tell the new owner I believe they are getting a good bike.

That's a good color you got on that one, love it. Although, I'm not a red guy, but I'd take the 2014 in a heartbeat if I could afford it. :D

I have had this same problem ongoing for the last year and a half. 2006 AE
Put in new clutch actuator, multiple clutch bleeds, clutch soak just last week.
I have spent almost $2000 so far, and still have the problem.
Anyone who can shed some light on this please do.
Thanks, Revshred

yea, I have been in the FJRforum as well as others. I am looking for someone who has had definitive success in fixing this problem. on the clutch soak I should say the tech bought new friction plates and soaked them. He really thought we had it fixed finally until I showed up to pick up the bike and it jerked a bit right off the bat. It ran really smooth after that for the rest of that short ride around town. But the next day the SH-26 error code came back.

My bike is running good still. I have put just over 6000 miles on it since getting it out of the shop. It appears that the clutch actuator was the problem on my bike. I would like to thank everyone for letting me vent, and for all the help.

Back