• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Performance Farkeling of a different sort

All done, cleaned up.. Off the lift and warming up for the first test ride.

74B128B1-DC27-4A0C-9211-F270191D230C_zps0tbxq5zx.jpg

Well how was the ride?

Well how was the ride?

80 miles of easy shake down.. just making sure all was well.

Back on the lift tonight... I'll do a good look to make sure all is well... lots went on this work session.. head light to rear wheel.

Class tomorrow so hard test ride on a known road Sunday

Routing that brake line does seem to be a struggle. It almost looks like bending brake lining to wrap tightly around the caliper for a straight line connection to the flex would be nice. When I looked at the example you showed at the beginning of the thread, this is what I thought the other person had done. Now I see it's also flex line but routed below the swingarm.

I'm not sure I'd want the line below the swingarm, but I'm also not sure I'd want as big a loop coming around the back either. This is what made me curious about using solid brake line instead.

Are you able to mount a camera to get some shots of the swingarm in motion? I'm used to seeing the perspective of the road, or other riders. But the notion of watching the mechanics in action seems interesting.

No matter how you end up finishing this off, I know this has been a lot of effort, and thanks for sharing the process with us. This gets me motivated for some of my own projects.

Had a part failure today while teaching class.

The rear caliper bracket fractured.
attachment.php

attachment.php

It would appear two things are at issue.
I underestimated the amount of force generated and the thrust angle.

I removed too much material when I sectioned the OEM part.

New brake caliper mount ordered, then MOD 2 coming up

And what about that front end?

I have a complete RC51 SP1 front forks, axle, calipers, rotors, lower triple with steering stem, 954 clip-ons, and 2 SP2 front wheels available in my garage that needs a home.

Contact me if interested.

Larry
VFRrider in Dallas
two1four-two8nine-1fiftyfive2.
safetypro10atmsndotcom

Back