• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Broken clutch cable in South Austin

Jeff S

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Howdy friends...

After a nice piece of pie from the Apple Store, I've found myself stranded in South Austin. Slaughter & beckett, to be exact.

Anyone with a truck or trailer that's willing to trade an hour of your Saturday afternoon to help a fellow out. I'll sweeten the deal with beer and BBQ!

Pm me here if you can help. Otherwise, I'll leave the bike and call a cab.

Much appreciated...
Jeff

Here's the offending item...

It's broken all the way through now :(

uploadfromtaptalk1392504733434.jpg

...just saw this. I am unable to provide towing service right now, but there are a couple of budget services that will trailer your bike back to the house.

Happy Larry's at (512) 751-5148

Cycle Life at (512) 917-4042 - Kenneth (owner)
http://www.cyclelift.net/

Give that a try.

RB

I think I'm set for now....

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I think you have my number. You should have called. I'd have shown up with some vise grips, at least. I should have my truck back in a couple more weeks and will be more useful.

Thanks for the offer, Rusty. I ended up using AMA's free roadside assistance. They got there in half the time they quoted, and towed me for free back to the house. Easy Peasy...

I lube my clutch cable every time i do an oil change. The cable ends still look new. Same cable that was on the bike when i bought it new 1/5/2010.

Back