• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A Gore Tex waterproof glove for warmer temps

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Phenix
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese...gore-tex-gloves

I'm in the process of replacing all my "waterproof" gear with bona fide Gore Tex. I've been looking for a glove to use in the 60 to 80 degree range and to keep on the bike all summer long for the inevitable deluge. I wanted to fill the void between my summer and winter gloves.

Enter The Veleta. It is more robust than it looks and has a strong pre-curved shape that feels good on the grips. The palm and knuckle protective elements you'd expect from Dianese are present. The gauntlets are made to fit easily under the cuffs but not over. Making a positive seal with the cuffs of my Klim rain jacket is effortless - even the second one. The Gore Tex xtrafit membrane is bonded to the outer layer and the inner liner is minimal. Three fingers on the left glove can operate a touch screen. I donned them in 92 degree heat and of course they were warm compared to my mesh gloves but the materials breathe so my hands did not get clammy. So far I think the Veleta is just what I was looking for - everything ya need - nuthin' ya don't. :rider:

IMAG0362-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Back