• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where can I find KTM specs?

Reaction score
I added a Trail Tech Vapor to my KTM. It has a setting for MAX temperature and a setting for a shift light. I can't seem to find this info so I can plug it in. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Have you tried posting over on ktmtalk.com?
I don't know where to get that info, but someone there may know it.

I forgot my password and the search function was disabled when I went over there...blah:doh:

BTW...when are you going to be back on two wheels?

I added a Trail Tech Vapor to my KTM. It has a setting for MAX temperature and a setting for a shift light. I can't seem to find this info so I can plug it in. Can someone point me in the right direction?

You need a computer to tell you when to shift ?:rofl:

I remember 250 deg F for cars. Don't know why it would be any different for KTM.

It's a two stroke rev it it noses over then shift

Water boils at 212 degrees add a standard 6psi cap and it should be somewhere around 230 degrees if memory serves correct

Yep, that rpm shifting thing is pretty foreign to that type bike/riding. Pretty much a "feel" thing that each adapts to their personal riding style. I don't think the bike cares. You come from a road race background?

I am thinking if he gets a KTM300 moving fast enough to worry about
shift points in anything other than first or second in the woods we would all
like to see the go pro footage as that bike at the top of third is moving pretty
good to be dodging trees

Yep, that rpm shifting thing is pretty foreign to that type bike/riding. Pretty much a "feel" thing that each adapts to their personal riding style. I don't think the bike cares. You come from a road race background?

Yeah, I know how to feel for a good shift point. I'm just a little OCD about setting things up like this. I have a factory shift light on my GSXR but, I never pay attention to it unless it's a night and it's just that obvious when it glows.

I would like to know just for my own knowledge of where the "redline" is on my 2 stroke.

Back