• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT will be offline 12/21/18 10:00pm CST - 12/23/18 10:00pm CST

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
:tab I will be taking the forum off line starting at 10:00pm on Dec. 21st.

:tab During this time, I will be moving the site to a new server and also changing to new forum software (XenForo). During this time I have to back up the existing forum database, transfer all the files to the new server, and then run an import routine that pulls the existing data out of the vBulletin database and re-formats it for importation into the XenForo database. Once the import is done, there is a mess load of site configuration stuff that has to be done before I can bring the site back online.

:tab IF all goes according to plan, the site should be back up in less than 24 hours... I have done several test transfers in an attempt to identify and resolve any potential issues and things have gone pretty smoothly.

:tab During the downtime, there will be a temporary page up to let people know what is going on. Also, there will be a link on that page to the TWT Facebook page. I will try to post updates there as I get the opportunity.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/21599039945/

Question

After it's all said and done, will it forward us to the new url when we attempt to visit the old twtex site?

No, it will be the same name. No forwarding going on. Different IP address, of course.

Oh noooo! What will we do???????

Good luck and thanks for the hard work!

:tab I will be taking the forum off line starting at 10:00pm on Dec. 21st.

:tab During this time, I will be moving the site to a new server and also changing to new forum software (XenForo). During this time I have to back up the existing forum database, transfer all the files to the new server, and then run an import routine that pulls the existing data out of the vBulletin database and re-formats it for importation into the XenForo database. Once the import is done, there is a mess load of site configuration stuff that has to be done before I can bring the site back online.

:tab IF all goes according to plan, the site should be back up in less than 24 hours... I have done several test transfers in an attempt to identify and resolve any potential issues and things have gone pretty smoothly.

:tab During the downtime, there will be a temporary page up to let people know what is going on. Also, there will be a link on that page to the TWT Facebook page. I will try to post updates there as I get the opportunity.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/21599039945/

That's a mighty big "IF". :trust::lol2:

Oh no, this is change. [emoji20] I think it’s been proven that there are only a few types of “good” change. New software isn’t in that list. Please let it work and look exactly the same. [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 whole days without TWT? Guess I'll have to go for a ride....

Oh no, this is change. [emoji20] I think it’s been proven that there are only a few types of “good” change. New software isn’t in that list. Please let it work and look exactly the same. [emoji1374]

You're tough, you can take it!

I am absolutely done with tapatalk. Yesterday I was bombarded with banner ads in the posts. I love thier gui and ease of use, but I'm not going to stand for that.

I hope the new system is designed better for mobile platforms, as the legacy system does not play well with my mobile phone.

Here's a preview of what the site will look like initially.

TWT-Preview.jpg

Once the transfer is complete, I will be making a few changes to the organizational structure, nothing major though.

I will be adding some "add-ons" that will improve the features for users.

Will we be able to get it in an app form on the phone? I use Tapatalk which has been overrun with adds.

Will we be able to get it in an app form on the phone? I use Tapatalk which has been overrun with adds.

There is no need for a mobile app with the new forum software. It automatically detects your screen size and adjusts accordingly. Here is what it will look like. I shrank my desktop browser so the image is still big compared to a phone screen, but the format will be the same.

TWT-Small-Preview.jpg

and here is what it looks like if you click the triple bar option thing in the upper left corner.

TWT-Small-Menu-Preview.jpg

Scott, looks good. I see the all important new posts button on the right and left sides. Easy access from either side. I see you have added more screenshots as I am typing this

Yes , tapatalk is a mess now. Always used this native side except for when I want to post pics.

Thanks for your hard work scott. will be sure santa makes a visit to the donation bin just like last year. :wave:

BEAUTIFULLY CLEAN GUI

Last edited:
I don't like change

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am absolutely done with tapatalk. Yesterday I was bombarded with banner ads in the posts. I love thier gui and ease of use, but I'm not going to stand for that.

Tapatalk is great. One app with a gateway page showing all the forum websites you visit. It also has the most user friendly photo hosting I've found. All photos I take are with my cell phone so easy click photo embeding is slick.

If you don't like the ads upgrade the version of Tapatalk app to remove them. Only $1 month, $5 year or $15 for lifetime.

If the new TWT site doesn't keep a Tapatalk interface I for one will find myself visiting here much less.

_

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

and here is what it looks like if you click the triple bar option thing in the upper left corner.

It's typically referred to as a Hamburger button, or more formally as a Collapsed Menu button.

At least the above is true within my organization.

Tapatalk is great. One app with a gateway page showing all the forum websites you visit. It also has the most user friendly photo hosting I've found. All photos I take are with my cell phone so easy click photo embeding is slick.

If you don't like the ads upgrade the version of Tapatalk app to remove them. Only $1 month, $5 year or $15 for lifetime.

I'll definitely agree about the photo sharing. They make it way easier.

Is it perfect? Far from it, but it is good at somethings.

I hit all the forums I follow through tapatalk, there is one that is not on tapatalk, I do frequent that forum much less. Pictures are easy with tapatalk.

Scott can probably see what percentage of TWT uses tapatalk. If it is a small %, then probably no affect on future traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just like the app way (tapatalk) since it’s right there on my home page. I don’t have to look it up on safari. So I guess I’m lazy. Fingers crossed it will be even better than before.

Back