• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country DS Ride, Austin, May 2, 2015

The ride is a go 'cause the weather will be perfect. Im expecting to be home by 5pm. If need be, the ride can be cut short for those wanting to get home sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The weather not only looks to be perfect, but spectacular.

I'll be at TJ's at around 8 am, as I need to do a couple of final tweaks to the bike. But it'll be gassed and ready.

I'm a maybe now. Nobody from Houston wants to tag along. :giveup:
Plus I've got no skills to show anybody!!

You'll regret not going.

For $5, we'll be your friends for the day :lol2:

Seriously, you can mow the lawn Sunday after church.

Come ride :rider:

Richard
Sadly i cant make this ride. I know i'll be missing out.
I was wondering if you were going to make this a monthly thing though?

Looking forwards to it Richard
May ride from my house (says NW already) and hook up with a group somewhere in Liberty Hill area
ben

Hey Everyone!
I'll be going! I work with WoodButcher and he pointed me in this direction! I'll be riding a DR650, looking forward to this ride!

Watch out for the cat. He is new to offroad, but showed a great willingness to bury his DR up to the tank in mud...late on a Friday afternoon...in a remote spot...by himself. He's done better since, but please don't send him into Shaw's Bend first. :-) I keep telling him I'll show him some dirt roads, but I can't make the ride so he is going to learn from your fine examples.

For those riding halfway and going to the Llano V Strom get together,(Sodapop, Brian, Troy) let's get there drop our camping gear and find some more dirt after lunch.
See you in the am. Finally making one of these ( at least halfway)

Watch out for the cat. He is new to offroad, but showed a great willingness to bury his DR up to the tank in mud...late on a Friday afternoon...in a remote spot...by himself. He's done better since, but please don't send him into Shaw's Bend first. :-) I keep telling him I'll show him some dirt roads, but I can't make the ride so he is going to learn from your fine examples.

Thanks for the thoughts! Burying it mud that night is definitely a campfire story for sometime.... Learned many important lessons that night!

Heading out now from NE San Antonio for TJ's, breakfast, and probably the best weather day in 2015 to ride the Hill Country & eat 'Q at Coopers.

See y'all in Austin shortly

Richard...I was wondering if you were going to make this a monthly thing though?

No, I'm not planning on monthly rides, at least for the time being. I'm not planning on leading another rider until the fall (for me, it's too darn hot in the summer for all day rides :giveup:).

Trailboss, thanks for organizing the ride.

TJ's Cycles, thanks for the breakfast. Who would have thought that that KTM 1190 could hang with all the Suzukis?

It's been a while since I've ridden with y'all. I had a great time.

Last edited:
Riders,

I'm not going to write a ride report but I did want to share some of the pics I got today.

First, thanks to TJ's KTM for sponsoring today's ride. You guys are awesome. :)

How fast did we ride today?
_1110725-L.jpg

_1110668_tonemapped-L.jpg

_1110672-L.jpg

_1110676-L.jpg

_1110691-L.jpg

_1110719-L.jpg

_1110752_tonemapped-L.jpg

_1110732_tonemapped-L.jpg

_1110753_tonemapped-L.jpg

You can see all the pics here - feel free to download or share any/all.

Last edited:
Rich, TJ's Cycle, and all the riders, thanks for a PERFECT DAY out there today.

Rich, I hyperlinked several of your photos - with credit to you - on ADV. You always take the best photos.

What an incredible day! And Coopers in Llano didn't suck!

lol. "Did not suck." High praise. I sure love what we do for fun. Looks like y'all had a big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I got some pictures to upload but HOW????:giveup::giveup:

figured it out

Last edited:
Thanks Rich for organizing this ride and thanks to TJ Cycles for their hospitality!
Enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to do it again soon!! :rider:

Back