• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie to TWTEX Houston

nocalamari

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
Hello, I registered a couple of days ago, and am just now getting around to the introduction. I live in West Houston and sell motorcycles at a dealership near downtown. I'm currently riding a 1200 Bandit, but have had everything from CBR's to MZ Skorpions to a Goldwing, and have owned several other "standards". The B12 works great for me, as I just turned 42, and while I prefer a quick pace, the ergos of pure-sport machines don't work well for me anymore.

Thanks for the great site-It's great to see one dedicated to like-minded sport-riders! I look forward to riding with you soon.

Alan Speer

Howdy,

:tab Welcome to the site! How did you find us? Keep an eye on the Upcoming Events/Trips section as stuff is happening all the time.

Adios,

TWTEX Newbie

Thanks for welcome! I sell bikes at Mancuso Harley-Davidson at North Main and 610. After years in the car biz, I came back to what I really love which is motorcyles-after all they lean the right way in the turns, unlike their 4-wheeled counterparts.

Alan

:tab I have to ask... don't the other folks at the dealership give you a hard time about riding the Bandit rather than a Harley? :-P

Adios,

Actually, a lot of them think my bike is really cool. In fact, the service manager rides a 'busa, and one of the techs has a VERY trick GSXR100, and another has a Yamaha. A big benefit to my job is the employee discount on parts, labor and dyno runs! While most Harley riders won't return my waves on the highway, the people I work with are pretty cool!

Alan

:tab Sounds like a cool place. Can they get you OEM parts for the Bandit? If so that is a sweet deal! I wave at everyone, regardless of bike. Don't have time to worry about what they are riding ;-)

Adios,

Ya, I get everything at a small percentage over dealer cost-it rocks! It sounds like your attitude toward motorcycling is much like mine. If you're on two wheels it's good! I must say, though, that it it gets old waving at these Harley guys who don't have the courtesy to wave back. Especially when I'm wearing an orange Mancuso shirt under my Joe Rocket jacket!

Alan

Don't worry too much about those guys. They're either too afraid to let go of the bars to wave, or they believe that buying a Harley admits them into some kind of secret club where you can only wave at other club members. :roll: The Harley riders who do wave are the ones who actually get what riding is all about. I've also noticed the ones with helmets on are more likely to wave... :lol:

Back