• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #203 - "Free For All" (ENTRY) Due 09/03/2018 Midnight

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Post your entry for Assignment #203 "Free-For-All" here...

Closing Date: 09/03/18 Midnight

Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between now and midnight/2400, Monday September 03, 2018 (Labor Day)

Please do not comment in this thread until a winner has been selected. Comments may be deleted without warning until then.

Last edited:
GPzBJ5XIrzv9Fq99Bar-aktURQrp6MfN-vmEEXf1z5Z-pxreQ86JoagzLFBWySaRF9GpHpmG75BejHxPfQ=w1590-h894-no.jpg

Last edited:
i-8973sVp-X3.jpg

Attachments

• i-8973sVp-X3.jpg
    i-8973sVp-X3.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Wow, the "Free For All" assignments always seem to bring the folks out. :ponder:

Tracker-
Corn. Who doesn't love a fresh ear of garden sweet corn? It's an interesting shot for sure. I liked the mystery aspect of where's the missing kernels and they are random in nature. Like "how'd you eat those individually"? Thinking maybe a bit more diagonal in framing might have made it stronger.

achesley-
Andy, GREAT concept with the reflection. I like how you used the brick foreground and framed the subject (you) with the window. Love the cloud capture in stealth mode on your part. Love the little grass springs out of the sidewalk and the somewhat worn textures of the building. Love the little "Punisher" reflection on the building across the street. Maybe just a hair more of a crop on the left to eliminate the non-white area? I'd be curious to see that in B&W with a tad bit more exposure too. There's potential in that type of shot for sure. I'd like to see you do more of these with that frame/cloud setup.

GSer-
Man, cool shot. That moss line makes the picture leading this viewer to wonder what's just below the surface when all you see is eyes. Well know I know. Nice colors, nice framing and the light is really good for being what I presume to be high noonish.

Duke-
LocationLocationLocation is what the real estate folks keep saying. This goes to your shot this week too. Man, access is EVERYTHING when you capture shots most people don't get to see. Love the wide angle look to this and they person just makes the connection to this viewer. Great colors, framing too. I can't decide if the person is the focal point or that big old jet nose. Both are equally awesome in this one.

SpiritAtBay-
Ah, an old garage and International Scout. Can't decide if that's a Scout or a Scout II. Really nice composition and content with that old vehicle on blocks, the old beat-up concrete and weathered garage doors. Just wishing there was a bit more detail in the shadows to bring out that content and shot maybe from a bit lower perspective. A worthy shot indeed.

Downs-
Man, another B&W one for consideration. I love the framing of all the 'stuff' and your daughter. She doesn't get lost in the garage clutter. Rather, she's the focus of the clutter. That's a tough one to pull off but you did it. Like the contrast and rich B&W tones too.

M38A1-
I chose this one for submission for the logo on the oil filter of this old hot rod. The colors of the logo were in sharp contrast to the somewhat boring background which made the V8 logo stand out all the more while providing context with the background. My nit with it is the right side should have been cropped about 1/4" to eliminate the little bright wire distraction on the top right.

WoodButcher-
Another wonderful shot from you. Love the framing, colors and processing. The ape appears to be either asleep or picking a nit on it's belly which makes it all the more interesting to me. The level of detail in the fingers showing their roughness is amazing. Just wish there could have been a bit more detail in the face obscured by shadow. A solid shot indeed.

Sooooo many good entries this time around, this is tough.

Thanks everyone for the submissions. Keep it up/keep playing/keep challenging your skills.

Gott'a go with Duke on this one. There's just something about that perspective and the content/comp which draws me in.

Wow on the entries! Maybe we should just keep it " Free for All " all the time.

Congrats, Duke. All great shots.

The rand corn kernels is the result of incomplete pollination because there wasn't enough density in the stand of corn. Corn is wind pollinated. The tassels are the male part and the silks and cob the female part. Each kernel must be pollinated for it to mature.

The chimp was an old mother, just sitting in the sun on a hot evening. It made me want to do the same. Just sit and ponder. I did wait for a while to see the face, but didn't want all of it. I never got my wish.

Many good shots this time around. Duke's jumped out at me when I first saw it. And thanks for the story behind the corn. I learned something new today.

Thanks Scott. When i posted this I thought I was putting it in the Assignment Thread, not the Entry thread.

I kind of like the "free for all" and unless there is an objection, lets do it again! New thread up shortly.

Obviously guys, she is contemplating her navel. Developing a new philosophy that will solve the riddle of the universe.

Love this pic, Rusty.

:rofl: I can almost hear her thoughts, "I wonder if Adam and Eve had one of these." Inny or outy ?
I enjoy the zoo pictures as well. She is probably picking a tick.

Last edited:
Back