• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WARNING

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Gates
When moving the bike around a cold garage, with cold tires, you have almost zero traction and it wants to join mother earth so bad.

Don't ask me how I know.:eek2:

Larry
VFRrider

Especially if your garage floor is slick, as so many are (mine included).

Never had that problem. How cold was it in there?? I push my land yaht (FJR) out of the garage everymorning while sitting on it and never felt like I had a traction problem.

Thanks for the reminder. Prolly also on smooth concreted parking lots/garages. Hope you are ok and bike not badly damaged.

Garage floor was about 30F, relatively smooth and not oiled (No HD). Went to move the bike (VFR) with cold tires and the rear end slide out and kept on sliding. I was pinned under it with no leverage. Had to call the family for reinforcements to set it up.

Damage, I'm a little sore from trying to lift with no leverage, bike snapped a clutch lever off (TING). There goes $20, but I got these really cool carbon fiber looking levers now.

So, little damage as I cushioned it with my body, but PO that the tire was going sideways so easily. YMMV.

Larry
VFRrider

Real bummer , glad you came out with minimal damage...Never had that happen before....Figure out what is on the floor/tires I need to push some old cars sideways in the shed..:rofl:

Back