• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
This has become a regular weekly ride (weather permitting). Locations change each week and is decided by a loose group consensus. Check the thread weekly for current location and time (generally 11:00am).

-Admin

----------------
Testing the waters for a weekly bbq lunch meetup. I see a few rides like this that seem successful. The day doesn't matter to me, I think the same day would work best so plans could be made once it started. Stay in the general north of Houston, east of Bryan, 1/2 way to Dallas piney woods area. There's nice FM roads and for the adventure crowd all kinds of dirt roads if that calls your name.

Let me know if there is some interest and what day and I'll post a ride and see what happens. Would love to do this weekly/bi-weekly.

Dmux, Jfink, SilveBullet others?

Doc's BBQ, 1277 E. loop, Crockett, Tx
Feb. 5th at noon. About 50 miles west of Nacogdoches/Lufkin, on either Hwy 7 or 21.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested. I live in Cypress, so it wouldn't always be the closest, but I'm off work Friday and Saturday and would enjoy the ride. Friday would be the better day I think.

I'm in. My off days vary, work 14 out of 28, but I'll be there when I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

So how soon are you looking to start this up? With a little notice I'll be up for just about anytime the weather isn't terrible. And my preference will lean towards dirt roads, or at least small paved ones, if roads are insisted upon!

I am in Lufkin and ride a 1100cc yamaha cruiser. Please just for me no dirt roads I will be face down in the dirt in no time. Would love to meet up for some awsome beef bbq some time.

Just for grins, extended forecast looks good for Friday, Feb. 5th. If this takes off we can move the destination around, but how about:

Doc's BBQ, 1277 E. loop, Crockett, Tx.. East side of town next to Whataburger.
As far as a ride, I know routes up there but this isn't an organized ride on my part. Obviously we can group up and do whatever.

Anyone interested in joining me, come on out. We can discuss locations and zero in on a day.

Last edited:
Just for grins, extended forecast looks good for Friday, Feb. 5th...

I'm in. My schedule just changed last week giving me my weekday flexibility back. So basically any day of the week works for me now with a days notice.

Interested as well...off every Thur-Fri and like a little dirt :)

Swing by Atascocita early and we'll take the scenic route up there hitting some mild dirt on the way. After lunch more to follow. I know you need some fun miles on that new 1190, commuting to work doesn't count. Lol

_

I'm in. My schedule just changed last week giving me my weekday flexibility back. So basically any day of the week works for me now with a days notice.

Swing by Atascocita early and we'll take the scenic route up there hitting some mild dirt on the way. After lunch more to follow. I know you need some fun miles on that new 1190, commuting to work doesn't count. Lol

_

define "mild" dirt? I hope you will be on your S10......Ive been on a few dirt rides through the forest so its been plenty dirty :)

define "mild" dirt? I hope you will be on your S10......Ive been on a few dirt rides through the forest so its been plenty dirty :)

Yes I'm riding the Tenere. Mild dirt = Forestry Service Rds, gravel/dirt County Rds, sometimes with small light patches of sand and mud depending on the weather. Nasty mud and deep sand I turn around on the big bike if I have a choice.

_

Yes I'm riding the Tenere. Mild dirt = Forestry Service Rds, gravel/dirt County Rds, sometimes with small light patches of sand and mud depending on the weather. Nasty mud and deep sand I turn around on the big bike if I have a choice.

_

Sounds like I'll have to meet y'all for that ride up. Atascocita isn't exactly close to me, but it sounds like you know a way to go that will be enjoyable!

Also, Woodsguy, what time were you shooting for everyone to meet up out there?

Sounds like I'll have to meet y'all for that ride up. Atascocita isn't exactly close to me, but it sounds like you know a way to go that will be enjoyable!...

We could arrange a meet up spot on the way, nno need for you to ride south first. PM me where you are coming from and we can work out a time and location.

_

I am in Lufkin and ride a 1100cc yamaha cruiser. Please just for me no dirt roads I will be face down in the dirt in no time. Would love to meet up for some awsome beef bbq some time.

Hey! That's what's known as Kodak Moment and you shouldn't worry; these guys will lift the bike off you just as soon as the pics have been taken :photo:, and posted. :rofl:

Just for grins, extended forecast looks good for Friday, Feb. 5th. If this takes off we can move the destination around, but how about:

Doc's BBQ, 1277 E. loop, Crockett, Tx.. East side of town next to Whataburger. ... *snip* ...

Hey, that's near Huddle House :eat: and likely "The Most Interesting Manager in Captivity." :mrgreen:

Hint: Don't mess with her; OP knows what I'm talking about. :trust: :lol2:

I'd like to join youse guyz but will be heading out in a different direction on the 4th, prob'ly not back before Monday or Toozday. Let's hope the weather is clement for all of us!

Hmmm, that doesn't look too far from far east Dallas, and I just got confirmed I'm using a comp day that day and so will be off of work....

This seems like it's going to be a good time. I've got carb tuning parts in the mail that should be in by the end of this week and now I have the perfect excuse to put on my new Shinko 244's! Looking forward to this one!

Hey Rob,
Just saw this thread. I'm always game for a ride & some food. I just don't frequent threads enough to keep up but I can work on that.
BTW thanks for the Trinity river bottom tour the other day, it was a great time. I also met JFink at Yankees the other day.

The 5th sounds good to me.

I don't know how long SilverBullet's route up there is, but noon would be better I think. I work til 10pm on Thursday, and not getting before the crack of dawn would be nice!

As a side note, I work 2-10pm as a normal shift, so this will always be the case for me. It's also why I can't go to any of the bike night meets.

Last edited:
11:30 too early? or noon.

I think noon would be better as well.

Hmmm, that doesn't look too far from far east Dallas, and I just got confirmed I'm using a comp day that day and so will be off of work....

If you plan on coming post back. I have a small PIF item that needs a ride up to the DFW area for a handoff to another TWT'er.

_

I think noon would be better as well.
If you plan on coming post back. I have a small PIF item that needs a ride up to the DFW area for a handoff to another TWT'er.
Will do. I got plenty of room in the FJR. It's in the plans right now, but we know how that goes.

Trying to figure out when and where this ride is going down. Might want to try to join y'all, if possible.

Back