• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adobe Lightroom Mobile

Reaction score
A while back, I started playing with Instagram on my Moto X "Pure" aka 3rd gen. (Not bragging, it's just adequate IMO. Maybe I have unreasonable expectations of a mobile device?) Anyway, Instagram has some pretty impressive image processing options -- perhaps a bit simplistic/amateurish, but the results got my attention.

A little later, I discovered there's a "mobile" variant of Adobe Lightroom. I've never touched it on the desktop, but decided this might be a level up from IG.

The following before/after images are presented for commentary/critique. I think my settings might be a little crude or heavy-handed, so any feedback is welcome.

Image 1 was taken in 2011 using a Nokia N8, so it's actually been from mobile to desktop (backup) to mobile (for LRM) and back to DT (to obscure the license plates, in case it matters after this long).

Before:
6_07162011249o_zpse4uheutl.jpg

After:
6_LRM_EXPORT_20170505_164222_zpsvnld0zy4.jpg

original EXIF, FYI:
6_07162011249exif_zpsdbiktzti.png

Image 2 is a shot of my dad taken a couple months ago. I liked the composition enough to take the shot despite sub-optimal lighting/shadows.

Before:
3_IMG_20170327_123406364_zpscmhazar2.jpg

After:
3_LRM_EXPORT_20170329_123411_RS_zpswhuiyshy.jpg

Last edited:
One of the things you can do if you have a current phone is use LR mobile to take a picture. In the Pro mode, that saves it as a DNG, which is a generic RAW format. Larger file size, but you get full, uncompressed sensor data and can tweak the images further than you can with a JPEG.

Look for a Noise/Luminance control in the detail settings. That can help take out some of the graininess when you start cranking up the shadow details.

That is a cool shot of your Dad.

One of the things you can do if you have a current phone is use LR mobile to take a picture. In the Pro mode, that saves it as a DNG, which is a generic RAW format. Larger file size, but you get full, uncompressed sensor data and can tweak the images further than you can with a JPEG.

Cool! I may have to play with that!

Jennifer

Back