• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For Sale: 2017 Red Honda 250 ATV --- REDUCED

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hardy
For Sale: 2017 Red Honda 250 ATV Reduced $2,000.00. Front & rear baskets type racks added, also includes loading ramp. This is an excellent ATV for working on trails in the National Forest. On 3/18 2017 I paid $4210.00 and it has less then 25 hours. We were flooded by Cypress Creek due to Harvey. It looks like she had water half way up the tank. Have not tried to start it. I think it can be fixed, but I do not have time. I must put all effort into the house. Call Chris Hardy 281-744-8256.

Last edited:
Re: For Sale: 2017 Red Honda 250 ATV

I have no dought this ATV will run again. I had a rider from Louisiana tell me today how they drownd their ATV time & again, but would dry them out to ride again.

She will live again. Any interest?

Chris, why not change the oil, clean the air filter and try it. I'll bet it runs like a top. Hate to see you lose a bunch of money for nothing. Sorry to hear you were flooded, good luck.

No time! I have a house that had five feet of water to deal with.

wish I had the money, I would be all over it.

I've drowned my old Honda 300 several times however I would always drain the oil right away and then run it a bit and then repeat the process over and over until I was sure the water was out. It can't be healthy to have water sitting in the oll for weeks.

Some kids at our camp in Louisiana drove their grandfather's 300 off a 6 foot drop into Red River. They couldn't get it out, so they tied it off over night and I went with them to pull it out the next day. I pulled the water soaked air filter off of it, monkey'ed with the the shifter to get it into neutral (they had broken the shifter shaft), hit the button, and it started up! They were able to ride it back to the camp.

Would like to have one, but would probably only use it maybe twice a year and don't have any place to store it.

Someone needs this deal, because I need the $$ for the house.

It most likely can be saved up to the point that the parts start rusting inside the engine. We've saved lots of boat and ATV engines that were submerged.

The engine needs to be "pickled" asap. If the parts corrode, it may not be worth messing with...

What specific model? FourTrax Recon or TRX250X or something else?
2 or 4 wheel drive?
Electric start or pull start? Both?
Electronic tranny or manual gears?

If he added baskets, it's probably a trx250TM/TE recon.

FWIW, this is a heck of a deal. These comes with both electric and pull start. It is short geared and tops out at 35MPH, but will accelerate and keep up with any of the larger ATVs while still easy to handle and load due to the light weight.

I used to rent these for a living. We change the oil once a year and keep up the maintenance.

Honda ATVs do not die!!! I had 15 year old ones that sold for more than these.

If I still had my business, I would have bought this ATV. I would flush the oil twice, replace the plug, change out the rear end fluid. Open all the electrical connectors and put dielectric grease on it. Clean the debris out of the airbox and it's ready to roll!

What specific model? FourTrax Recon or TRX250X or something else?
2 or 4 wheel drive?
Electric start or pull start? Both?
Electronic tranny or manual gears?

It is a FourTrax Recon 250, 2 wheel drive, electric start, manual gear shift.

Quads or any engine can be rescued from a swim, as long as you act fast. As long as it's flushed out and running within a couple hours of the dunk, it should be fine.

There's a big difference between a few hours and a few weeks though.

Quads or any engine can be rescued from a swim, as long as you act fast. As long as it's flushed out and running within a couple hours of the dunk, it should be fine.

There's a big difference between a few hours and a few weeks though.

Same thing I was thinking..........

If there is standing water on top of the piston that came in through the exhaust, you could be in for a new cylinder, a head-job + valves, corroded wiring harness, fried CDI & dash. On the flip-side, the bottom end and rear end is usually constantly soaked in oil so that might not be a big deal.

I'm not trying to at all poop on what you're offering here, but this is a huge risk for someone to take at $2000-2500 + parts, when you can find mint condition used ones that are 1-2 years old for $2500'ish.

Again, I'm not an appraiser or professional mechanic...........

Back