• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Nighthawk 700-S owner - new to forum - need parts

Reaction score
Hello,

Got a link to this forum from a friend, so I signed up.... I'm in NE Ohio.

I have several 700-S bikes, but had a huge house fire, and lost everything we own. The bikes weren't in the house, but 3 of them were apart for restoration (and parts were in the house).

I had a ton of 700-S parts, both NOS and mint used, and almost all of it was in the house.... I'm looking for anything I can find that is "mint" or NOS, and would appreciate any leads I can get.... I'm interested in any year/color parts, as I have all 3 years and color combos.

Thanks in advance! Joe

C-216-382-8965

Welcome. Sorry to hear about the house fire. Family ok? Good luck in your search.

Thanks. Wife and I are ok, but we lost all our cats (which were our children). Lost everything that was in the house, including all the Nighthawk parts and a fortune in vintage Chrysler Muscle Car parts. The house can be rebuilt someday but everything else we lost was irreplaceable.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

That's some hard luck for sure. I don't have any links but I seem to recall that there was a forum at one time that was dedicated to the old Nighthawks. They are popular bikes. Other than that, I would think Ebay might be a good place to find parts. There are some folks here on TWT that like to restore old bikes, I just can't think of their usernames :doh: (you might notice my memory stinks :-P )

We have a Project Bikes forum where folks document their restoration efforts and special projects. Feel free to post up in there about your efforts.

Yes, the Nighthawk forums are still out there; I belong to 2 of them.

I haven't had much luck with getting nice parts, as most stuff I get needs restored, and don't have the time or money to do that right now. I'd rather spend a little more money now, and not have to mess with the parts at all; it will be faster and easier for me.

I have a 650 nighthawk that may in some way be useful to you. It is complete but tranny won't upshift beyond 2nd[from being OK when parked for the winter a couple years ago]. I want to sell complete bike. PM me if interested.

Thanks, but the only thing that is the same on a 650, is the mirrors (and that would depend on what year your 650 is). Thanks anyway. Joe

MOPARJOE, welcome to TWT. I can't help on the parts at this time but I'll keep my eyes open for any ads I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Nighthawk 700-S owner-new to forum-need parts

Thanks guys/gals; need the help.

I tried to post a pic on here yesterday, but it wouldn't load. I followed the "directions" posted, but no go (I don't usually have any problems posting pics).

I'll try again now.

ps. Just a guess, but is "Hemibee" a fellow Mopar enthusiast/collector also?

Attachments

• 5nighthawks.jpg
    5nighthawks.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 70
Here's some in the garage (mostly different than the ones outside, in the previous pic).

Attachments

• may2010 238.jpg
    may2010 238.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 70
  • July2010 121.jpg
    July2010 121.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 66
ps. Just a guess, but is "Hemibee" a fellow Mopar enthusiast/collector also?

What gave me away? :lol2:

Enthusiast that would love to have the cash and space for a '69 Super Bee, '69 Dart Swinger, '69 Charger and a '71 Demon to name just a few.

Well, if you find a way to get a little of each, let me know, as I am going to sell several of my cars in order to help get back on my feet a little (I have everything on your "wish list", except the SuperBee). Joe

I missed buying a Hemi '69 Super Bee by a few minutes a few years back, hence the Hemibee. I almost cry every time I think of that car especially since the seller had dang near a garage sale price on it. The buyer was loading it on a trailer when I pulled into owners drive way. The last I heard of the car it was butchered and then was destroyed in a drag race at Houston Raceway.

I had a '69 Swinger in high school.

Back