• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CASA and Pink's Hot Dogs

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Leaving in a little bit to drop off my donation to the AZ CASA Teddy Bear Drive here in Mesa at the MV Agusta shop. Should have some nice bikes to look at while I'm there.

Then tomorrow morning we'll be heading to Pink's Hot Dogs in Hollywood for the 17th annual Bite The Wieenie RTE for LD riders from around the country, many who come to CA from much farther away than I do; Canada, Texas, East Coast, etc.

Show up at 10 pm. Stand in line for an hour to order. Eat with other Big Dogs and swap lies. Pack up and head home about midnight to 1 am.

It's sure nice to be back on the bike again.

Last edited by a moderator:
And in case someone doesn't have access to FB, here's the actual text from that page:

Welcome to the 17th annual “Bite the Wieenie” at Pink’s Hot Dogs in Los Angeles, Saturday, Nov 18, 2017.

This is the weekend before Thanksgiving Holidays AND it coincides with the Progressive International Motorcycle Show (IMS) in Long Beach, CA. The IMS is a three-day event – Fri, Sat & Sun. Most of the SoCal locals will attend Saturday, Nov 18, 2017, 9:30am-8:00pm then ride over to Pinks to “Bite The Wieenie”. It’s approximately 33 miles (1+ hours in LA traffic).

Northern California riders, there is no IMS in San Francisco. So come on down and spend the weekend! Enjoy the motorcycle show Friday and/or Saturday and Bite The Wieenie! Saturday evening.

The “Bite The Wieenie” Ride To Eat is unique ... not too many riders can say they rode a 1,000+ miles in 24-hours just to have a hot dog!! And the last several years there are a few riders from the east coast who will accomplish a Bun Burner Gold, 1,500 miles in 24-hours just to Bite The Wieenie!

Under 1,000 mile attendees were from California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, & Washington. And if you’re new or interested in the Iron Butt Association community, this is a golden opportunity to see long-distance motorcycle rigs and talk to Iron Butt Rally big dogs.

Pink's is a honest-to-goodness Hollywood icon, sub-cultural gathering spot and past IBR bonus location. Whether you're Mike Kneebone, Daenerys Targaryen, Lisa Landry, the Donald or Elvis, everyone waits in line. And the 1-hour+ wait at midnight for a $4.40 chili dog is a unique Hollywood experience.

Jacked up pickups, bouncing lowriders, Porsches, pimpmobiles, junkers and LD motorcycle rigs all share a miniscule parking lot while stretch limos and Hummers circle the block while their contents wait in the 1-hour+ line.

Besides us LDRiders with ATGATT, it would not be unusual to see unique body piercing, facial tattoos, the best body modifications that money can buy, spikes and dreadlocks, prom dresses, grunge street wear and barefoot surfers standing in line.

HOT DOG MENU
If you're into hot dogs . . . check this amazing Pink’s Hot Dog menu.
The top-of-the-line gastrointestinal bomb is the legendary “THREE DOG NIGHT” -- 3 hot dogs, wrapped in a giant tortilla, 3 slices of cheese, 3 slices of bacon, chili & onions all for … $10.25!!!!!!!!
And for those of you of the non-meat persuasion, there is a vegan dog!
All prices subject to change.

WHEN
Saturday, Nov 18, 2017
Official Agenda +/- 60 minutes
10:00 PM - Tire kickin', extra tall tales and flat out lies!

11:00 PM - Line standing and general whining

12:00 midnight - Hot dog mass consumption

1:30 AM – Gastrointestinal gurgling and … Go home

ADDRESS, DIRECTIONS, GPS
Pink’s World Famous Hot Dogs
709 North La Brea, Los Angeles, CA
(323) 931-4223

Directions: From the I-10, exit on La Brea and travel north to Melrose. Pink's is on the left, just after you cross Melrose. Just north of the Pink's storefront is a driveway to a parking lot behind Pinks. You can also access this parking lot from the back alley running between Melrose and Warring Avenue.

GPS Coordinates: N 34° 5.040, W 118° 20.650

WHY MIDNIGHT???
Because that's when the beautiful people appear!!! Oh, and it's a perfect Saddlesore Ride (1,000 miles in 24 hours) for WA, ID, MT, WY, SD, CO, OK, NM, TX. Leave before midnight Friday evening, arrive at Pink's within 24-hours later to get your witness signatures. There will be dozens of witnesses on hand.

Dean Tanji
Chief Hooligan & "Bite The Wieeenie" Grand Poo Baah
Pinks Hot Dog, Los Angeles, CA
Nov 18, 2017, 10PM - 1:00AM

Leaving in a little bit to drop off my donation to the AZ CASA Teddy Bear Drive here in Mesa at the MV Agusta shop. Should have some nice bikes to look at while I'm there.

Then tomorrow morning we'll be heading to Pink's Hot Dogs in Hollywood for the 17th annual Bite The Wieenie RTE for LD riders from around the country, many who come to CA from much farther away than I do; Canada, Texas, East Coast, etc.

Show up at 10 pm. Stand in line for an hour to order. Eat with other Big Dogs and swap lies. Pack up and head home about midnight to 1 am.

It's sure nice to be back on the bike again.

A friend of mine in Thorndale TX. does this ride. He told me about it and I said What THa!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back