• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls?

Reaction score
Never ridden there before, is it a place I can show up by myself and get a good ride in without getting lost, or is it better to have a "guide" the first couple times?

Thanks
Richie

We rode out there for first time w/o a guide. If you get a map [maps], you can easily find your way home if you get lost. The park is big, but you can find your way back. Be sure and get all 3 maps: motorcycle, ATV, and 4x4 trail maps. Many trails are only listed on one or the other.
It'd be better if you had a riding buddy for safety, but if you do go by yourself, stick to the easy trails. Some of them get pretty hairy.

Great place to ride, I'll be going back :thumb:

I'm looking to head out there on a Sunday if you want to head over together.. Not many days work for me since I work nights Wed-Sat.. I am in NW austin near where 45 hits 183. I think you recently moved to Pflugerville, right?

It's short notice, but I was hoping to get out there tomorrow (guess its really later today at this hour).. If you by any chance get this at a reasonable hour and want to go, send me a PM.

i can ride mon/tues/weds as well, but hidden falls is closed those days :(

I go there most weekends with the family. You definitely do NOT need a guide. They will give you a map at the entrance, but it's really a case of just riding around, look for a trail and then follow it. They have got a lot better at putting up sign posts with trail names on, but there are still a lot of trails that are not identified. If you stick to the 4x4 trails you should not have any problems, then try the ATV and finally the motorcycle trails. You will never ride them all in a day!! Remember to look ahead, and if in doubt ride around or go back.. You will have other opportunities to ride the difficult trails when someone else is with you to help/assist. I just broke a rib last weekend, so won't be riding for the next 2 weeks, but hope to be back at hidden falls after that, so let me know if you want to join us.. My daughters (11 & 13) will be happy to show you the trails, they have been riding them for 4+ years and will make you work to keep up with them (depending on your skill level!!).

Gary

Awesome, thanks for the invites, Ill hopefully meet up with you guys at some point. Reason I ask about going alone is Im generally not a "plan ahead" kind of guy, some mornings I just wake up and want to go ride haha. I was thinking of going today, but I need to do an oil change on my bike and find the rest of my gear, but hopefully will be going the end of this week regardless.

Awesome, thanks for the invites, Ill hopefully meet up with you guys at some point. Reason I ask about going alone is Im generally not a "plan ahead" kind of guy, some mornings I just wake up and want to go ride haha. I was thinking of going today, but I need to do an oil change on my bike and find the rest of my gear, but hopefully will be going the end of this week regardless.

No problem, figured I would throw it out there. I am going to try and make it this Sunday (18th)... I work Sat nights, so thats all dependent on my ability to get enough "rest"... :)

Gary, I'll be sure to keep my ego at home then, he would be very upset to be outridden by girls much younger than himself...

No problem, figured I would throw it out there. I am going to try and make it this Sunday (18th)... I work Sat nights, so thats all dependent on my ability to get enough "rest"... :)

Gary, I'll be sure to keep my ego at home then, he would be very upset to be outridden by girls much younger than himself...

My ribs are still too sore for us to ride this coming Sunday, so have fun.. My daughters don't seem to have an ego, but they do enjoy riding with new people (particularly boys!!) and showing them how fast they can go.. :lol2:

Gary

I have been riding there for years (since it opened as boulder creek)

The one thing I would say to new people. BE SURE that you are aware when you are on a single direction track vs a two way track.

They have both out there, and I have had some close calls, mainly wth atvs going the wrong way on a one way track.

If you are on a two way trail, unfortunately there is no safe way to ride them unless you run at reduced speeds. If you are looking for speed, stick to the one way trails.

Great place to ride, family friendly. Just be aware so the kiddos can stay safe.

I have been riding there for years (since it opened as boulder creek)

The one thing I would say to new people. BE SURE that you are aware when you are on a single direction track vs a two way track.

They have both out there, and I have had some close calls, mainly wth atvs going the wrong way on a one way track.

If you are on a two way trail, unfortunately there is no safe way to ride them unless you run at reduced speeds. If you are looking for speed, stick to the one way trails.

Great place to ride, family friendly. Just be aware so the kiddos can stay safe.

Thanks for the heads up!

Im thinking of heading over on Thursday if I can bother to change the oil on my bike. Cant make it this weekend since my dads coming to town. So we will see what happens.

Do call and make sure it's open. Members can ride there 7 days a week, but I think non-members can only ride fridays and weekends.. Would be good to check before you go!!

Gary

I've never been either. Thinking of going this weekend--Thanksgiving. Are nonmembers allowed to tent camp? Are you allowed to leave the property--like for food--and come back on same day?

You can pay to tent camp. They give you a tag for your truck so you can come and go for food and stuff. They do lock the gates at a certain time but you still maybe able to get back in with a code

You can pay to tent camp. They give you a tag for your truck so you can come and go for food and stuff. They do lock the gates at a certain time but you still maybe able to get back in with a code
You get a key card now, no code. Slick system, and you just drop the card off on your way out,, (or pay a fee if you forget)

Is two days too much time for riding the trail?

Well no, not the first dozen times you go there anyway.

There are kind of three levels of trails,,,open easy, open and a bit harder, and somewhat closed in and more adventurous . Most of the harder stuff is one way.. So if you need more challenge, go faster. :-D

My son and I like to come in friday night with the toy hauler, ride all day SAT, then ride 1/2 day sunday, pack up and get home in time for washing bikes, post ride checks and dinner.

Or the alternate plan,, come in friday night with the toy hauler, ride all day SAT, then ride 1/2 day sunday, crash.. pack up and get to the ER, spend most the afternoon and part of the night there, the unhurt one gets bored and takes truck and trailer home in time for washing bikes, post ride checks and dinner.. The other gets a car or ride home brought to him. :lol: then eat cold dinner left overs with a Vicodin and gets laughed at by the wife and un injured rider .."lol" Yes we are a Moto family

Well no, not the first dozen times you go there anyway.

There are kind of three levels of trails,,,open easy, open and a bit harder, and somewhat closed in and more adventurous . Most of the harder stuff is one way.. So if you need more challenge, go faster. :-D

My son and I like to come in friday night with the toy hauler, ride all day SAT, then ride 1/2 day sunday, pack up and get home in time for washing bikes, post ride checks and dinner.

Or the alternate plan,, come in friday night with the toy hauler, ride all day SAT, then ride 1/2 day sunday, crash.. pack up and get to the ER, spend most the afternoon and part of the night there, the unhurt one gets bored and takes truck and trailer home in time for washing bikes, post ride checks and dinner.. The other gets a car or ride home brought to him. :lol: then eat cold dinner left overs with a Vicodin and gets laughed at by the wife and un injured rider .."lol" Yes we are a Moto family

:lol2::lol2: Actually you spent Saturday night in the ER, and then rode 1/2 day Sunday, and got the cast a couple days later. :clap: Hardcore!!!!

Back