• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hey, hey, hey from Mansfield

NoStop

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm Megan from Mansfield, TX. I just started riding a month or so ago and have enjoyed it a whole crud ton! I'm riding a CRF230f as I was told it's a great starter bike. I've been in the dirt some but part of the learning curve. Oh and I'm 33 so that adds a bit of entertainment to it!
I'm looking for ppl to ride with, learn from and just have fun. This forum looks to have some great information too. :-)

Welcome to TWT. When you get around to it please post a picture of the 230. We do camp around here every month if you do any of that off the Honda. We do have several ladies who ride with us all the time. They will chime in here shortly. Make sure you keep a eye out on all the ride to eat events held locally and all over the great state. KP

Lots of TWTers in south Arlington, Mansfield, Burleson, Midlothian. Keep an eye on a thread called "South O' the Plex - Meet and Eat". A few of us try to gather for a Saturday breakfast or an evening milkshake, maybe once a month or so. You'd be most welcome.

Welcome from the plains of Grand Prairie - look forward to attending one of those meetups at some point that tshelfer and others have brought up, and look forward to seeing you there showing off your bike!

:rider:

Speaking of showing off bikes, Humzah, I'm waiting....... :rider:

I know, I know, I've just been so busy with work that I can never make the M&G's on the weekend mornings since those are the only times I can really sleep after working 6P-6A :doh:

I'll make a short post here in a little while in the OT section though, to start off. Maybe I can quench the thirst with a bit of a tease and go from there :p

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'll keep a look out for those meetup's. It would be nice to get away and meet some new people

Welcome, this is a great site with very friendly & helpful people. Do try to make a meetup; it's a great way to put names to faces and share information. We'll try to get a meetup with "South O' the Plex" soon.

The 230f is a great little bike. Both of my boys learned to ride on ours and I enjoyed riding it too. We ride dirt at Trophy Club and Red River MC Trails; maybe you can meet or go with us sometime?

:welcome:
I know, I know, I've just been so busy with work that I can never make the M&G's on the weekend mornings since those are the only times I can really sleep after working 6P-6A :doh:

Dude! That's only 12 hrs/day, leaving a whole bunch free since a young man like yourself should only need, ohhh, 4-5hrs sleep to be ready to hit it again. Sheeesh!

Hi, Megan!
:welcome:

Last edited:
There will be a trip to Barnwell mountain ORV park soon. Like, before christmas. It's about 2 hrs east of you

Hello, no stop. I was told there is a place along a power line out in Mansfield where people ride off road. I'll post it up if i'm able to get further details.

Welcome from Cleburne. There's a Johnsom County M&G that happens sorta Monthly and Ghostrider1964 periodically hosts campout at his ranch near Gatesville. A lot of times Brad will hold his new rider class there (Brad is an MSF dirt bike instructor).

Welcome, this is a great site with very friendly & helpful people. Do try to make a meetup; it's a great way to put names to faces and share information. We'll try to get a meetup with "South O' the Plex" soon.

The 230f is a great little bike. Both of my boys learned to ride on ours and I enjoyed riding it too. We ride dirt at Trophy Club and Red River MC Trails; maybe you can meet or go with us sometime?

are those good learning tracks? I haven't been having the best of luck with going through those 180 turns on the mini track at VC. Dang turns!

Welcome from Cleburne. There's a Johnsom County M&G that happens sorta Monthly and Ghostrider1964 periodically hosts campout at his ranch near Gatesville. A lot of times Brad will hold his new rider class there (Brad is an MSF dirt bike instructor).

Thanks for the info! Is there a place that I can find out more? I'm not sure how to operate this forum yet lol
New rider class is probably my level since I haven't had any kind of training yet. However I was told that I'm adorable when I ride... Idk if that's what a girl wants to hear buy ya know! I have great form! lol:lol2:

Hey, everyone: Should she try Crooked Creek? That's where everyone keeps telling me I should go to practice and get more confidence...

NoStop, mebbe we should plan a trip there... I don't think it'd be too far for you.

How do you haul your bike?

are those good learning tracks? I haven't been having the best of luck with going through those 180 turns on the mini track at VC. Dang turns!

Trophy Club and Red River is mostly trails. Trails would allow you to build your skills on dirt (sand, mud, hills, etc) riding at your own pace. My suggestion would be to start a Trophy Club because Red River is alot of rock and sand.

I'd recommend she attend one of Brad's (Ulybrad) classes sometime.

Welcome! Trophy Club and Crooked Creek would be awesome places to start out at. I would only bring up Red River if you go with someone that knows that area and can keep you on the beginner trails. There are loads of them out there, but you can quickly get in over your head. My Wife and I are around your age and we typically frequent Red River over most other places. For us it is the best bang for the buck so that is where we always stick to going.

I've never been to Ulybrad's class, but of all the people that have done it; I have never heard one person say anything other than how amazing of a class it is. For a beginner, it seems to be some of the best money that can be spent on learning off-road skills.

Welcome to TWT and we all hope to see you out there sometime!

Last edited:
Back