• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Dash Cam

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Wells III
Have been using one of my Drift Ghost in my girlfriends car as a dash cam for awhile. It crapped out last week i think the heat got too it the battery was so swelled up that it was stuck in it. Took awhile but got the battery out installed a new one and it was working fine for a couple of days then it just went completely dead. Looked at a bunch of dash cam reviews there i found out that you need a cam with capacitors not batteries for the heat and cold. The one i was looking at was about $300.00 with everything need for it then i ran across the one i purchased and it was almost as good as the one i was looking at but at half the price. So i bought the Viofo A119 w/ GPS Mount a Transcend High Endurance Micro SDHC 32GB Card and a CPL filter (Circular Polarizing Lens) cost me $152.00 at Amazon installed this morning. Set to at 1080dpi 60fps it can go much higher dpi but was not needed. Heres a quick clip after install this morning. Its small completely out of site behind the rear view mirror. Starts up and records when the ignition is turned on if your cigarette lighter outlet is a switched circuit and shuts off when the ignition is turned off. So all she has to do is hop in the car and go without having to worry about the camera.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wuawgYW9WI"]Quick Test Of Viofo A119 Dash Cam with GPS at 1080dpi 60fps - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Nice dash cam. The quality of the video looks better than the go pro.

Yep, I'm real happy with it. It has better quality video than cameras that cost twice as much. Whats also nice is with the GPS model it also come with a regular mount so you can put that in a second car and switch the camera between cars if needed. The regular mount is without GPS but not a big deal.

Back