• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Bandit Miles

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Well, since with the weather the way it is, I'll probably not be doing any more riding this year. This ended up being my slowest years as per miles traveled on bikes in the last 20 years I'm thinking. Was headed for a good trip in the first part of June but crashed avoiding a deer in West Texas Davis Mountains. Pretty beat up in the body and Phase one separation of the left shoulder with some rotary cup damage pretty much ended my long distance travel for the year.
ScreenHunter_06Dec271327.jpg

IMG_2542-1.jpg

Puts me with a total of 4352 ometer miles for this year on the Bandit.

My old trusty KLR650 did get good local use this year.
IMG_2543-1.jpg

ScreenHunter_05Dec271327.jpg

With me managing to do 3877 miles on it.

Can't claim much for miles, it was my lowest yearly mileage total since I bought the Bandit. Only 4301 miles - the shorter commute distance (now only 7.1 miles one way) plus making fewer long day trips on weekends killed me. I did set a personal best of commuting to work over 85% of the available days though. I'm still riding (Maryland), it was 5 degrees when I left for work today and 4 when I got there.

jZ

It was one of my lowest miles also...between four bikes I did just over 22k. Did 18k in the 4 wheeler. I try and keep it under 10k annually.

Your 18K in the four wheeler ,. much less 22K + on the bikes far exceeds what I can do now days. LOL! I'd have to check my gas log for the truck but, I'm pretty sure I did not get 18 K combined on my 3 vehicals or no , all 4 with the boat included. LOL. Maw nature and fate have not been too kind to me this year. sigh!

Rotten lousy year for me with well under 4K for the year. I too spent a good portion convalescing instead of riding. The odometer still looks good though - managed to roll over 138K by the end of the year.

Only got my '07 1250 in early September last year but I have put about 4200KM on the clocks and the total now is 42000KM. I wish I had more time in the saddle though.

Been a slow year for me and most of my time has been on my KLR on back roads with very low average speeds. But, did get a few thousand on the Bandit this year.
2016JanBandit.jpg

BanditJan2014.jpg

Which comes out to 4667. Needs to be corrected as I have a speedo healer with 7% minus to get the speedo right.

Then , my old 15 year old KLR which is my main GO Bike about home.

KLRJan2014.jpg

2016JanKLR.jpg

Which comes to 4585

Been a good year with no long distance riding. Just Louisiana and a few trips into East Texas. All local with a lot of time on backroads , but sealed if possible. 9252 logged for the year.

I rode a lot more in 2014 then previous years. My 12 day vacation ride was about 4400ish miles. From CT to Georgia to FL then back to Georgia then back to blehhh CT! I'd have to check but I think I got about 10-11k in during 2014. Mind you I do NOT ride the bike to work otherwise I'd have a TON more miles! :)

PS: So Achesley now that you have over 70k miles I have to ask... How many times have you actually had to adjust the valves?? I'm almost @ 41k now still haven't even looked at them...

Well, I've never even looked at the valves. Only thing I've ever done to the engine was sync the TBs at about 12,000 miles, Changes Plugs around the 20K marks. On my 3rd Chain and sprocket set. And, lotsa tires.
Since my crash in West Texas in May of 2013, the Bandit miles have went was down. I miss my LD trips much but the body won't let them happen anymore. My future long trips will be in the truck with the KLR in back I'm afraid. Sigh! I guess nearing 72 yrs, iot's time. I was looking at a 6 to 7 k trip the summer I crashed.

Yep, a lot of miles on that '43 Andrus you're running! :mrgreen:

I did make it to over 400K but don't think I'll get to 500K miles on two wheels
:lol2: Reminds of the lyrics of the song Biker's Prayer

i've gone down so many roads where I never should have gone
i've done so many things that I never should have done
but every mile that i've ridden. i'd ride'em all again
cause I live to ride and ride to live at peace with what I am

I'm too ashamed to post mine......my poor neglected baby......but this year will be back to normal I hope.

I'm too ashamed to post mine......my poor neglected baby......but this year will be back to normal I hope.

We all have years like that. ;) . In 2013, if I had not of had some good miles before the end of May, I would not of had any. Sad to say, but the KLR is my primary go to bike for last year and probably will be for this one also.

Same here. I basically did not ride last year due to a lot of family and work issues. I'm hoping for a calmer year with more time for fun in 2015. :doh:

I got 6,234 miles this year. I dont ride to work ( company vehicle ).
Only one trip this year to LA and back. Pretty pleased but was aiming for 10,000.
Oh well as soon as it warms up enough and the ice and snow goes i will get out and try again.

Back