• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

White Sands, Roswell, Guadalupe -- Late May

bertt

Reaction score
I'm thinking of leaving McKinney in late may for about a 5-6 day ride through the above areas. I haven't been to any of them let alone on a DS. Planning on mixing in dirt when I can but not focused on maximum dirt (not enough vacation days). Any ideas, tips etc?

Three of us are leaving June 3rd from Burleson to do the NMBDR. If you want to push it off until then, you can join us for the ride out at least. PM me for more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three of us are leaving June 3rd from Burleson to do the NMBDR. If you want to push it off until then, you can join us for the ride out at least. PM me for more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. PM sent

Too bad you didn't do it first of April, then you could have toured the Trinity site.

I'm thinking of leaving McKinney in late may for about a 5-6 day ride through the above areas. I haven't been to any of them let alone on a DS. Planning on mixing in dirt when I can but not focused on maximum dirt (not enough vacation days). Any ideas, tips etc?

SE of Roswell, think of camping out at Bottomless Lakes State Park...
Nice scenery and decent camping ( from the looks of the place when I parked and went walking around the area ).

East of Roswell, about 40 miles, there is a sand dune off road park...
One rider I know, the park let him spend the night there.
Might be another place to camp. N33.40779 W103.86670

Back