• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE April-30 AND May-1

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lee
Well fellow DS riders the time has come for the Ramble to hit the fan....We have a great time for you with classes on Saturday night and drawings for NICE motorcycle swag. We have two extras with rides through single track and river crossings, and also if you want to a closed MX track. At the end of the ride there will FREE food and more drawings for more gifts. You can still sign up at dualsportuniverse.com or Saturday night or Sunday morning. Sunday sign in closes at 9am. Come on out and ride. REL

We are here now, a good turn out and LittleGeneral has done a great job of explaining everything. Really looking forward to the ride Sunday, and I won a great Oxford B25 waterproof rucksack in the Saturday ticket draw.. Have a great weekend everyone.

Gary

Cool...be sure and give us an after the ride report for us n's who couldn't make it ...thanks

Well we had a great time, weather was great, there was a lot less mud/dirt than I had expected, but we all completed the ride, no serious injuries and made some new friends, so a great result. Little General did a fantastic job organising the event and all the prizes. The leads where superb, Sylvie and I rode with Kim, and her little 230 struggled on the tarmac (speeds around 65MPH are too fast for this little bike) but caught up in the dirt, Kim took great care of everyone, we had one rider on a Suzuki Vstrom who completed the entire ride, despite having road tyres (not knobblies), but he did have one low speed slide (pics included) but didn't do any damage to the bike or himself. Didin't get too many pictures as we where too busy riding, a little bit of mud and some deep puddles kept it fun..

Okay I can't add pictures, will try and put them on a host site and add a link shortly.

Well if it works, Pics & Videos are here:- https://picasaweb.google.com/103975927230341705169/6280096285720940145?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Once again, a massive thanks to Lee for organising this and putting up with all the headaches that something like this creates!!

Gary

Last edited:
This was my first dual sport event and it will not be my last! Robert put on a great event! Riding a bone stock 2015 KLR I managed to keep it upright except for two low speed lay downs in the mud. I did learn that the stock rubber is no bueno for these rides and there needs to be some suspension mods to the bike. Robert and all of the team leaders were very helpful and the route was great! Lots of different types of country to be seen. With the recent rains Robert and his crew made some last minute changes to the course to omit the areas that were totally flooded which maintained a good mix of asphalt, dirt, gravel, mud and shallow water crossings.
The hotel chosen for the meet up was great and served up an excellent breakfast to get the riders off to a good start. There were a lot of good raffle drawings both at the pre-ride briefing and at Cleburne Power Sports where the ride ended. Saddlemen seat covers donated a custom seat, there were 3 sets of Dunlop tires given away, a shop in Lewisville (I'm sorry but I can't remember the name) donated several pieces of gear, Mike Kidd and Kevin Brunson made an announcement they are putting together a company named Team Factory Ride (TFR) that will initially focus on upgrades (bolt on as well as mechanical) for the KLR's.
All in all it was a great ride and an opportunity to meet with other riders with the same interests!

Thank you for getting all us rednecks together. I had a great time and met many good ol dirt riders. I just love bench racin. Lookin forward to more next year. best regards to all.----David aka Has Been

I heard there was a tibia involved in an incident.:doh:

I never heard the follow-up on this but I understand that the little generals son went down pretty hard and they were taking him to the hospital to get checked out. I'm sure Robert will let us know in future posts.

Thank you for getting all us rednecks together. I had a great time and met many good ol dirt riders. I just love bench racin. Lookin forward to more next year. best regards to all.----David aka Has Been

Dave, it was a pleasure meeting you as well! I enjoyed talkin about the old Yamaha's with you!

I believe it was Rider 2 Rider liquidators that donated a helmet and lots of other goodies. Had a great time, and met some cool people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone one for making the Texas Redneck Ramble a great success. It was a great ride and we all had a great time. On the down side my son who was a leader in the ramble went down hard and broke his leg pretty bad. He was in the hospital Sunday thru Friday...had after market hardware added. He had a good attitude the whole week and he is back home in OKC. Being from a motorcycle family he knows the drill. Thanks to everyone that was with him when he took a soil sample for the way you all helped out. Little General

Yep, hate to hear that the damage was that bad. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Off that topic, what's the process on the Dunlop tire prize?

I gave my info to the shop, but haven't heard anything. Not trying to be a pain about getting free stuff, just wondering about the time frame.

Thanks!

Back