• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lake-o-the-Pines Loop 5/14

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
The weather is looking good for Saturday and I've got a ~150mi loop mapped from Longview up around the Lake-O-the-Pines to Jefferson and back to Longview. Perhaps we can grab an early lunch at the Cork-Screw in Jefferson.

A link to the route:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bYUtMMTa6NG-4xVe9Y4UTi5fCLY&usp=sharing

It's probably big-bike friendly, but I'll be on an xr650r. As far as I can tell from a google-maps "drive by" there are only a few dirt sections.

I'm thinking we'll depart with stands up from Nanny Goats in Longview at 7:15 am. Anyone care to join?

I've learned the hard-way that riding alone is not a good game-plan.

Any takers for an East Texas ride this Saturday 5/14? Open to other routes.

I'll join you. I looked over the route you have planned, it looks like you have N.W. CC Rd. in your route and it has been closed off just east of 59 for several years, I don't know why it's still showing as a county rd. C.C. Bridge may still be flooded at Black Cypress Bayou, if it is I know a way around it.

I just saw this. I would be up for this at some point. This past Saturday wouldn't have worked even if I had seen this. MCHappy knows all the good roads in the vicinity of Diana/Ore City.

We had a good ride. Notable favorites were the road going west out of Ore City and another stretch north of Jefferson. Otherwise we had a fair bit of single lane pitch-n-tar roads and a few flooded sections.

This is from the NW section of Lake-o-The-Pines. Still a bit of high water. Saw some snakes while wheelying through the puddles! :rider:

Our intrepid trio...

Flooded_zpstqb7tsoj.jpg

Last edited:
Back