• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The DR/DRZ Thread

Anyone close to Huntsville that has experience with the DR650 carb, please chime in, I'm in need of help getting my bike running again. It may need a valve check, as well as the carb needing adjustment. I'm at the end of my mechanical knowlege and at a loss as to what to do. Really don't want to spend more money on getting it running by taking it to a shop or some such, as they'll charge me out the a** I know. :/ Help?

004_zpskmcxg8rj.jpg

That looks like a big comfy seat...

Does anyone remember who it was in the last 6 months That posted up in here somewhere about their Drz grenading on them somewhere and deciding to part the bike out? I read on here somewhere but can't remember who it was.
Possibly looking for a frame if anyone knows where one is. Mine is an E model- but that may or may not matter.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone remember who it was in the last 6 months That posted up in here somewhere about their Drz grenading on them somewhere and deciding to part the bike out? I read on here somewhere but can't remember who it was.
Possibly looking for a frame if anyone knows where one is. Mine is an E model- but that may or may not matter.
Thanks

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113497

Thanks

I also have an e model that I am parting out. Have the frame, suspension, whats left of the engine (carb is gone) and sub frame left. I am in the Granbury / Glen Rose area.

I also have an e model that I am parting out. Have the frame, suspension, whats left of the engine (carb is gone) and sub frame left. I am in the Granbury / Glen Rose area.

I would like to have a helmet lock, gas cap and ignition switch that all use matching keys. If you have those items, I might be interested.

Also can someone tell me about the frame lock? It looks like it uses a different type of key than the ignition. Was there another key just for that?

Mine is different. I didn't buy it new, but it only had 1,500 miles and the PO gave me two different keys, both Suzuki. I never looked at the lock on my previous DRZs.

I would like to have a helmet lock, gas cap and ignition switch that all use matching keys. If you have those items, I might be interested.

Also can someone tell me about the frame lock? It looks like it uses a different type of key than the ignition. Was there another key just for that?

The e model doesn't come with a lockable gas tank to the best of my knowledge. I doubt it has a helmet lock either.

Pm'd you

I've got a Drz400e muffler if it helps

Thank you for the offer. I have one already that is shaped different than the 200 but might be made adaptable. Kinda want to keep it factory if possible. Do you mirrors or turn signals?

No - I had to add those: highway dirt bikes.com

Mine is different. I didn't buy it new, but it only had 1,500 miles and the PO gave me two different keys, both Suzuki. I never looked at the lock on my previous DRZs.

The e model doesn't come with a lockable gas tank to the best of my knowledge. I doubt it has a helmet lock either.

Thanks

I have owned a 2006 DRZ400S since new. I have yet to turn a wrench on it in 5000 miles except for maintenance. I purchased a KLX400 from a friend just before he passed away. The carb was full of trash and it would not run. I pulled the carb off and put in new rubber and cleaned it up.

Afterward:
The engine would run, but the engine bogged down on acceleration.
It idled at 2000 RPM when the throttle was closed, going back to normal in 10-20 seconds.

I pulled the carb again with intentions of modifying it according to what I have read on the internet.
1. I installed a Dynojet Stage 2 kit.
2. I did the air box mod, removing the snorkel.
3. I have removed the deceleration enrichment valve.
4. I have new gaskets and accelerator pump rubber.
5. The exhaust is stock

My problem is the pilot Jet (slow) is supposed to be enlarged. Do I change the Pilot Jet (Starter), too? If so, I am still not sure how much. I have a 45/65 in it now, and I have seen recommendations of 48 to 100 for the slow pilot and ocassional mention of changing the Starter Jet. I have been hunting all over the internet looking for a source for the pilot jets. I believe the Keihin link has the jets I need, but which? The 15 mm and 7 mm jets look exactly like mine.
http://www.keihincarbs.com/images/getti-serie3minimo.jpg

this bike has practically no miles on it, and I am looking forward to trying it out. Scott, the former owner was always saying how the carb was the heart of the bike. I hope so, so far it has been misery.
:giveup::giveup:

I'm not a great carb guy, but it seems to me that when I've had the high idle problem that you describe, that I've made the idle mixture a bit richer and closed the idle stop on the throttle a bit. I usually fuss between the two until I find a good setting.

I didn't think that the KLX had an accelerator pump on a stock carburetor.

Back