• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

03' SV650 ?'s

Reaction score
Well I've been saving up to trick out the old SV, but just got the greenlight to start looking for another bike. My wife wants the 01' SV650S that I currently ride. I am absolutlely happy w/ the SV, and am going to get another one. My question is has anyone riden or currently ride a new 03' Sv650S? Or should I just go w/ a 01' or 02' (probably 02')? Is the frame that much stiffer? Is there a noticable power difference? It won't stay stock for long, but just curious what kind of a platform it is to start with. If you already read this on the HSN site sorry, just trying to get as many inputs as possible.

Difference

From what I've read (I have an '00), the engine is the big difference between the pre-03s and the 03s. The FI gives the SV 5 more HP right out of the box. Around 72 for the 03 compared to the 67 for the pre 03. Also, the 03 is of course fuel injected.

Accessories and pipes are more readily available for the older models.

You should be able to find a killer deal on an 03 from a dealer. I think the older frame looks better, but I'm biased. Honestly, I would post this on the svrider message board.

Back