• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Moonshine Anyone?

Reaction score
Now that I have a job that actually has vacation days I'm thinking of taking two of them to go to the Moonshine Lunch Run in Moonshine, IL on April 12. Anyone else thinking of going? It's almost 1000 miles from Salado, just an easy days ride.

TWTer Skip Honeycutt and I rode up last year. Pretty easy day, got there in time for the dinner at 6. LOADS of fun. there are some amazing LD riders at that gathering.

I went three times and haven't been back. It is more fun when the weather is really bad, That causes the weekend warriors to stay at home. Flooding and sleet the first time. Sleet, ice, rain and freezing weather causing me to use an ice scraper on the windshield the second time, and nice weather the third time. Hated that third time.....

:eek2:

You must either have a Goldwing or an IBA #

I can't imagine a 1,000 mile day on my VFR :giveup:

Giant tank bag to lay on, move or add Rollie Freeman rear sets.
:trust:
220px-Rollie_Free%2C_record_run.jpg

:eek2:

You must either have a Goldwing or an IBA #

I can't imagine a 1,000 mile day on my VFR :giveup:

I do have a wing, but I'm going to take the Trophy. I haven't done a thousand miles in a day on it yet, but I have done 18 hours. The 1000 should take less than that on the interstate.

It is more fun when the weather is really bad, That causes the weekend warriors to stay at home. Flooding and sleet the first time. Sleet, ice, rain and freezing weather causing me to use an ice scraper on the windshield the second time, and nice weather the third time. Hated that third time.....

:rofl:

I have had several friends on their ST's attend. It usually has poor weather and the route up there is a bit boring and flat at times.

....for the same distance, I would rather go west.

RB

I have had several friends on their ST's attend. It usually has poor weather and the route up there is a bit boring and flat at times.

....for the same distance, I would rather go west.

RB

Normally I would too, but in this case its not the ride, its the destination.

I've been 2 times, first time by myself the following time I took the wife, both times on the ST. First time alone I took the Interstates the whole way which was pretty boring and the following year when I took the wife we took the smaller roads and more scenic route thru Arkansas taking an extra day getting there which was a lot more fun. Of the thousands of bike that attend I got the top 25 award for mileage ridden both times, over a 1000 from ACL, the founder of the event. Haven't been back since he passed away, just not the same for me, even though the event lives on. If you have never made Moonshine you need to do it once. There are some serious riders that show up for a Moonshine hamburger. I just got back from Daytona, went over to watch the Daytona 200 and it was Bike Week there. Took our Toyhauler with the NC700, had a good time but man there is a whole different cliental of riders there than at Moonshine. I didn't realize Harley Davidson made that many motorcycles.

I will be there fri and sat nights. I have been three times for the lunch run and two more times on my own. A great run that may not be the same much longer as Helen and Roy(owners of the store) are getting up in years.

Back