• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

A few folks on the FB group expressed interest in the ride to Cresson, so here are the particulars for anyone who wants to join our motley crew.

Meet at Quick Trip in Alvarado
https://goo.gl/maps/v3ahbnxuKXT2
Kickstands up at 9:30. Get there early if you want to top off or have coffee.

My daughter will probably be riding pillion with me, so I'll keep a leisurely pace. If anyone would like the GPS track let me know and I'll post whatever format you need. Don't want to hold anyone up. :trust:

How about BBQ on the Brazos in Cresson Sat 17th? Noon'ish?

I'll probably map out backroads from south of Grand Prairie and across.

I'll be on my CB1100 so will be planning my route with appropriate roads in mind.

Anything planned yet? I am looking good to ride tomorrow.

Pacman and several others are meeting at QT in Alvarado KSU 9:30 to ride to BBQ on Brazos in Cresson. I'm planning to join in the ride. Open to anyone; see y'all there.

I'm going to hit a few backroads on the way to Cresson. It's about 122 miles, all paved, mostly FMs and CRs, starting in Alvarado. If anyone wants to join hit me up for details.

XHqw8lD.jpg
My best guess would be 11:30ish?
Lookin at that route....2hrs 9:30 to 11:30ish seems optimistic..... Id go for 12:30 based on those roads @ 122 mi

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Lookin at that route....2hrs 9:30 to 11:30ish seems optimistic..... Id go for 12:30 based on those roads @ 122 mi

Hmmm that won't do. Let me look at that route again. Might be able to trim it down a little.

What say you all? Trim the route, leave earlier, arrive later?

Leaving earlier is probably out. Might not be able to get the word out to everyone in time.

Personally, I'm good with the 9:30 start and trimming the route. I'm just looking forward to some interesting riding and good food.

Last edited:
Especially if there's only this one little spot on the route you have to worry about. ;-)

You`ll have fun. I was South 2 weeks ago. I am gonna go East today.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Jus got bac home...round 5pm
Used up as much sunshine as possible
Man that Q was pretty tasty....even if a bit $$$. Oh well...its at a racetrack
Im always up for checkn out cool sports & racing cars.... (There was an Ariel Atom there!) & a McLaren... 2 vintage Can Am racers....+ who knoz what else I missed

Great ride yall

Great ride today, great route thanks to Wayne and Rod. Delicious BBQ. The Low Water Crossing was a little scary, but we all made it. I'm glad to have been a part of it. I posted some pics on the FB page; will post them up here later.

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't make it, Larry. Just didn't feel like I could be gone from the house long enough to join you for lunch or a ride. I did some independent riding out that direction, but was out & back in about 1 1/2 hours - just long enough for the Strom & me to stretch our legs, & about as long as I felt comfortable leaving my mother home alone.

Well I had a veryhttp://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95873&page=40 nice time, got to eat some good food and put faces to names of my friendly riding mates.

Thanks to Pacman for setting this up. I rode behind him and it was fun to watch his smooth flowing corners and him getting that bid Kawi leaned way over.

Well I had a veryhttp://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95873&page=40 nice time, got to eat some good food and put faces to names of my friendly riding mates.

Thanks to Pacman for setting this up. I rode behind him and it was fun to watch his smooth flowing corners and him getting that bid Kawi leaned way over.
Aw gorsh, you're gonna make me blush.

The Kawi is a big girl but she has a few moves. She's not too happy on the bumpy stuff though. Might be time for a dual sport to keep her company.

Tim, glad you could get out and ride; the weather was perfect. We'll plan something else soon...

Back