• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie Itch'n to Ride in North Texas

Reaction score
Moved from Michigan and I am enjoying the longer riding season in Texas. :rider:

Started commuting to work on a Shadow 750 but traded that in on a VTX 1800R Bagger so I could carry more stuff for work. Now I want to start touring and see more of the "real" Texas (not just more biker rallies and tourist traps).

I am riding out of Allen TX and looking for good destinations, roads, and rides in North Texas (and beyond). Searching on Google for good routes is getting old and TWT looks like a great site for finding riders familiar with this area. :zen:

I usually ride alone (some times two-up with one of my teens) or in small groups. I prefer scenic routes, cultural/historic destinations, and family friendly events. The pie runs look like a great way to get started. :eat:

Moved from Michigan and I am enjoying the longer riding season in Texas. :rider:

Started commuting to work on a Shadow 750 but traded that in on a VTX 1800R Bagger so I could carry more stuff for work. Now I want to start touring and see more of the "real" Texas (not just more biker rallies and tourist traps).

I am riding out of Allen TX and looking for good destinations, roads, and rides in North Texas (and beyond). Searching on Google for good routes is getting old and TWT looks like a great site for finding riders familiar with this area. :zen:

I usually ride alone (some times two-up with one of my teens) or in small groups. I prefer scenic routes, cultural/historic destinations, and family friendly events. The pie runs look like a great way to get started. :eat:

You've come to the right place man... good, friendly, helpful group of people here :) I'm not familiar with N. Texas but these guys will give you some ideas.

I'm directionally challenged and have no GPS but FM roads around Anna and Muenster are worth checking out. Try riding up to Murray State Park in OK.
They have a decent restaurant that serves delicious catfish (or so I am told).

Pie runs are good and catch the guys that meet on Thursday around the Lewisville area for chow.

Fellowship Church in Grapevine has a pretty good riding group and I would ride tailgunner with them sometimes. Their rides are well mapped and pretty enjoyable.

Welcome SuperBlue.

While I'm mired down here deep in the MetoMess Alan is a great jumping off point for some riding.

Great day rides can be planed North, East and West and great weekend trips up to Arkansaw.

Here a great link for some route planing.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/

and here is another good group to scout out.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/tcat22/ (Tcat stands for Texas curve assessment team)

Ride safe, Keep sharp.

Tj

try out 455 I love that road.. or head out to westminister tx.. cool little biker pub out that way..

maybe we can meet up and ride one day.. i only like to cruise so nothing fast for me!

:welcome: to TWT and to Texas

As you said the pie runs are a gret way to get started. Come on down to the December Pie Run http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53165 as it is a good place to get started on them.... :rider: :eat: :rider:

Welcome from Grapevine. I'm also an 1800R rider, but my ole girl's got more issues than you could shake a stick at, so she's not getting many miles put on right now. We'll have to get together sooner or later and put a few miles on the clock together- Thursday Night Irregulars meet-ups are always happening in North Dallas, just watch for the threads.

A Yankee huh? Your missing another beautiful gray day back here in the great lake state. Its suppose to be sunny and 40 on Sunday. Hoo hoo! I'm going ride'n. :sun:Have a good Thanksgiving:eat: in your new home.

Welcome from another northern transplant. We don't have a riding "season" here. Just keep riding if it's not icy! I have a vtx1800 as well as a Concours. As Cheez said, check out the thursday night irregulars for stuff during the week. I recommend a ride of the Texas historic forts out toward Abilene. If your google-Fu is weak let me know and I'll point the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warm welcome and for the great ideas on destinations and rides. I think I will start with the pie runs and also try to connect with the group to rides on Thursday evenings.

Welcome, we do a Saturday breakfast ride if you are interested, normally home by 1pm.

Back