• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Shoot, I left early and missed out.

4romDe9.jpg

I can't make it too many meetings :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm out for a while. I just got home yesterday from bypass surgery. No driving for another month, no riding for 3 months. On the bright side, I should be good to go when it turns cool this fall!

Daave, wow, that doesn't sound like fun. Was it planned or an emergency? Don't hear of many bypass surgery's anymore, seems like everyone wants to use stints instead.

Speedy recovery !!!

The new-to-me R100GS PD will have to miss this one too. Hoping for next week.

I'm out west, so no moto lunch for me.

Daaaaave: best of luck healing up. No riding for three months sounds as painful as open heart surgery, but good job timing this with July, August and Sept.

I was having tightness in my chest but no heart attack, so not technically emergency. My LAD (aka the widow maker) was 97% blocked, plus 2 other arteries, so bypass was the only option.
The 3 months feels like punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gee, that was a threadkiller.

I saw on another thread that RTB is Oct 13-15. I haven't confirmed it but I should be back in the saddle by then. [emoji4]

Gee, that was a threadkiller.

I saw on another thread that RTB is Oct 13-15. I haven't confirmed it but I should be back in the saddle by then. [emoji4]

That's good news!

I was having tightness in my chest but no heart attack, so not technically emergency. My LAD (aka the widow maker) was 97% blocked, plus 2 other arteries, so bypass was the only option.

Glad you found about the condition and are telling the story.
Hope the 3 months go by quick.

Glad to hear you got repaired Daave. RTB, I've never been and I'm off all those days but tentatively planned to go see NHRA drag racing in Ennis that weekend.

I hope to be at lunch tomorrow, 7/6/17. May ride and if I ride prolly the Suzuki.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

I learned today that Billy's discontinued the nachos. Apparently, I was the only one buying 'em. That made me a little sad. But not a sad as the chili-cheese fries made me just after lunch. Good to see the crowd again, if you can call 4 a crowd. Oh, and chopped liver, too...

I learned today that Billy's discontinued the nachos. Apparently, I was the only one buying 'em. That made me a little sad. But not a sad as the chili-cheese fries made me just after lunch. Good to see the crowd again, if you can call 4 a crowd. Oh, and chopped liver, too...

Nice to see a majority rode bikes today. Sorry to hear about the demise of the nachos. Hope you are feeling better today JeffS?

Last edited:
Should be there today...

EDIT: actually, probably not :(

Last edited:
Should be there today...

EDIT: actually, probably not :(

You missed a medium size turnout of eight as well as the telling of good news stories. I related how the flashing lights in our mirrors as we cleared Jonestown last Sunday turned out to be a firetruck. :mrgreen:

You missed a medium size turnout of eight as well as the telling of good news stories. I related how the flashing lights in our mirrors as we cleared Jonestown last Sunday turned out to be a firetruck. :mrgreen:

Were the fire trucks behind you?

Yup. Thought it was the popo. Phew.

I worked some OT that day and was in Jonestown from 7a-3p. I don't remember which days I went to fires but there were 3 fires in two days. I didn't run "code" which means lights and siren, just went a little quicker than normal.

Sorry I didn't join you guys for lunch, just wasn't feeling it as it was also a work day. I'm off the next 4 Thursdays so will prolly show up then. No worries about getting back home in time to get off to work in time.

Did have lunch a week ago with Jerry and his wife Cindy in Elgin, they recently returned from Ireland. Got to hear about how nice it was and the "heat wave" the locals were talking about that apparently was over by the time they got there. May not have quite reached 70 degrees but they overheard two guys talking about how hot it was and how they couldn't get anything done. Ireland. :rofl:

Daave, wow, that doesn't sound like fun. Was it planned or an emergency? Don't hear of many bypass surgery's anymore, seems like everyone wants to use stints instead.

Speedy recovery !!!

Where i work we do ~600 open heart surgeries/yr. Not sure how many coronary stents we place. We do ~2500 cardiac caths/yr.

Just saw the post today. Glad you're recovering. Good thing you had it checked.

Back